Xbox emby keeps trying to install but failing

MartinKL

31 minutes ago, rjwill10 said:

@Luke prob not a helpful question sorry, but just wondering if this can be fixed? I only have Emby running on the Xbox, so can't access anything ATM.

It is a problem with the store. Multiple apps are affected. It happened a couple years ago and Microsoft resolved it.

rjwill10
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

It is a problem with the store. Multiple apps are affected. It happened a couple years ago and Microsoft resolved it.

Thanks. Is it something we should all report, or have you reported it as a developer?

We've opened a support ticket, but yes, the more people that report this to them, the faster they will make a move on resolving it.

Wolfstarone

I am having the same problem.  The emby app keeps trying to update and will not install.  I have tried to remove it and reinstall with the same problems.  The ember app keeps comming up with the error youre at your limit for the number of devices that you can use for some apps and games from the Microsoft store.  erro coe (0x803f81f5)

One thing I remember about last time is that it got fixed without any notice, but users had to cancel the current installation that was failing and then install again.

• Confused 1

Junebug1184
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

One thing I remember about last time is that it got fixed without any notice, but users had to cancel the current installation that was failing and then install again.

I've tried that and it then says it's unable to install 

MBSki
1 minute ago, Luke said:

That's a really bad idea in this case. Users that have tried this can't install at all. Mine is working because I've kept the current install 

Btw, Emby is the ONLY app experiencing this installation failed issue. I have more than 20 apps, and there aren't any others that have this issue.

TechLife

Yeah if you delete it and try to reinstall you get nothing at all so I agree…don’t do that lol

46 minutes ago, Junebug1184 said:

I've tried that and it then says it's unable to install 

Right I'm just saying that you may need to do this once they resolve the underlying problem.

• Thanks 1

MBSki
44 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right I'm just saying that you may need to do this once they resolve the underlying problem.

Yea, but how will we know? You said it got fixed without notice last time. Besides, why is Emby the only app that's having an issue?

1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

Yea, but how will we know? You said it got fixed without notice last time. Besides, why is Emby the only app that's having an issue?

I'm just telling you how it was last time. Hopefully our support ticket will be responded to quickly, but last time, users figured out that it was resolved by trying this before MS had actually notified us.

MBSki

@Luke Why is Emby the only app affected though? Have you tried repushing an update?

Earlier today an update went out. For me, I usually have to wait until the next day to be able to install it, but depending on where you are in the world, you might be able to see it now. I would cancel the existing failing download before trying to get it.

TechLife

RED TEAM GO!!  It works now. Yay!!

(And this is on a Day One, Scorpio, and Series X so I pretty much have the hardware differences covered)

MartinKL

I can also confirm the new update has made it work on my end as well after clearing the current app update from the que. woo!

All I did was republish the same thing with a new version number. Whatever happened I don't think was our doing.

• 2 weeks later...
Evil E

I've got the same issue, i sent an email to the app support, hopefully they do something

Update: I  just saw they fixed it. I had to cancel current installing and then retry. 

Edited by Evil E
not relevant anymore

32 minutes ago, Evil E said:

I've got the same issue, i sent an email to the app support, hopefully they do something

Update: I  just saw they fixed it. I had to cancel current installing and then retry. 

Glad you were able to resolve it. Thanks for the feedback.