Xbox emby keeps trying to install but failing

MartinKL

MartinKL

Emby theater was working fine earlier tonight on Xbox.  Tried later on and it keeps trying to update and says installation stopped.  Tried fresh install and same thing happening. I know this happened before a few years back.  It was a Microsoft issue.  Hopefully they can fix it again. 

SamuelWinsor

Also experiencing this, making the app completely unusable. We don’t have any other solid clients in the house, so that puts Emby completely out of commission for us. Between the aesthetic changes, the obnoxious black bars behind subtitles and now this, it’s been a really poor couple months. 

MBSki

Same here. I thought this was related to the Xbox outage, because yesterday nothing was working. Today though, Emby seems to be the only app still having issues. @Luke can you investigate?

• Agree 1

Hi, have you guys tried power cycling the Xbox after the outage?

MartinKL

I have yes.  As well as deleting the app off one of my Xbox’s and now it won’t even let me re install.  “Installation stopped” pop up keeps happening.  

techywarrior

Having the same problem yesterday. Hopefully it just resolves itself soon.

MBSki

Same here, yes, I've restarted several times. I'm still able to use Emby, but the message keeps popping up.

MBSki

I restarted again and now I'm seeing issues on multiple apps. Emby seems to be the only app that has the "installation failed" pop-up, but other apps can't be opened. They go to a different page rather than opening. I'm on the Omega insider build. Is everyone having problems on one of the insider builds?

rjwill10

Hi,

I kept getting update messages for my Emby app on Xbox. It wouldnt let me open the app without updating and the update kept failing.

I decided to delete the app and install a fresh version. When installing from the MS store, I get the same install fail message as when I was trying to update the app.

My Xbox software is all up to date. Other apps install without issue. I'm at a loss, has anyone else had this issue?

MartinKL

Xbox got back to me and recommended resetting alternate MAC address.  I tried and it did not work.  Any word from @Luke yet?  I know he got on them last time this happened.  Eventually got it fixed.  

I don't think there is anything Emby can do as this seems to be a MS issue.

15 hours ago, SamuelWinsor said:

Also experiencing this, making the app completely unusable. We don’t have any other solid clients in the house, so that puts Emby completely out of commission for us. Between the aesthetic changes, the obnoxious black bars behind subtitles and now this, it’s been a really poor couple months. 

Hi, what aesthetic changes?

SamuelWinsor
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what aesthetic changes?

Hi Luke, 

There’s been a few aesthetic changes on the XBox Theater app over, I want to say, the last two updates? “Aesthetic” being used for want of a better or perhaps more accurate term. These include Blue Radiance becoming just a single stock colour blue background that’s really unpleasant to look at, the main poster for a film/series being around a quarter of the size they used to be, and SUBRIP subtitles having an enormous black background that runs the entire length of the screen. These changes are generally only apparent on XBox; the Windows 10 Theater app only replicates the poster size change. The app has previously otherwise run fine and playback has been nothing but perfect for me, so I’ve not bothered to say anything because functionality is really what’s important. But I definitely can’t say Emby is anywhere near as pleasant to look at as it previously was.

As for the “installation stopped” error, I’ll just piggyback off everyone else and say that I’ve tried all the obvious troubleshooting options such as power cycle, MAC, DNS, uninstalling etc. but nothing has resolved. Same error code as others above. Every other app works and/or downloads fine. I’ve opened a support ticket with Microsoft just to be sure. I have no idea if the issue is Emby or Microsoft-side, but it’s definitely Emby-specific.

Thanks.

rjwill10

Just throwing my hat into the ring. Doesn't work for me either...tried to reinstall and now can't get it back onto the system. 

FBMFILMES.COM

Ao tentar atualizar o aplicativo emby no xbox one começou a da problema na execução, com isto desistalei o App para depois instala-lo como isto não estou conseguindo mais da só erro e o código: 0x80080200 eu até reniciei de fabrica meu console e nada mudou.

P_20210507_223420.jpg

P_20210507_223409.jpg

conkyth3puppet

Same installation stopped error for me as well.  Using Ember for Emby as a workaround for now but I don't like it near as much as Emby Theatre.

TechLife

Anyone else having an issue with the XBox update? I have 2 xboxes that are showing error code 0x80080200. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling on one of them and it won’t even install.

rjwill10

@Luke prob not a helpful question sorry, but just wondering if this can be fixed? I only have Emby running on the Xbox, so can't access anything ATM.

Junebug1184

Tossing my hat in the ring. I've had the error as well. Tried to uninstall and install it again but having the installation stopped problem. Arrrgh