Mixed Content Library - File Stacking

BruceDavid

BruceDavid

Hi,

One of my libraries is for music video content. I have it set as a "mixed content" library type. It contains mp4 (or other video type) DVD rips, TV downloads and video from other sources such as YouTube, etc.

If the content is a single file of a single item, it is in the Music Video directory. If there is multiple pieces of content associated with an artist then I have created a directory for that artist and included all of the associated content in that directory. If the content is a film rip with extras then that is in yet another sub-directory. Here is an example:

F:\Music Videos\Eagles - Hell Freezes Over.mp4

F:\Music Videos\Grateful Dead\So Far (1987) - Grateful Dead.mpg

F:\Music Videos\Grateful Dead\View From the Vault II\View From the Vault II - RFK Stadium, Wash DC - June 14, 1991.mp4

F:\Music Videos\Grateful Dead\View From the Vault II\Extras\Liberty - DVD Extra.mp4

All is working fine.

But, I recently added two items that are very long videos and hence are cut into parts. Those are the following:

LIVE AID

F:\Music Videos\Live Aid\Live Aid-pt1.mp4

F:\Music Videos\Live Aid\Live Aid-pt2.mp4

F:\Music Videos\Live Aid\Live Aid-pt3.mp4

F:\Music Videos\Live Aid\Live Aid-pt4.mp4

AND

Concert for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 1995

F:\Music Videos\1995 Concert for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - pt1.m4v

F:\Music Videos\1995 Concert for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - pt2.m4v

F:\Music Videos\1995 Concert for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - pt3.m4v

F:\Music Videos\1995 Concert for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - pt4.m4v

The issue that I am having is that Emby is not displaying all of the parts for each of Live Aid and R&R Concert.

Live Aid shows as a directory on the home page of the Music Video Library and when I click through, it only shows two of the parts as shown below (the "Live Aid 1985" is Live AID\Live Aid-pt2.m4v

image.png.5f466b1e0d24286663cf2e8ea54fa396.png

The Rock and Roll Concert is also a directory on the Music Video home page and when I click through it only shows 3 of the 4 parts as shown below.

image.png.d888c624ecb980339b9d3aa4700c6e61.png

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong and what I should do to fix this?

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Bruce

Have you tried adding this Library as Music.. and using the settings within that library for your Music Videos? ( Supported there is why I ask.. )

BruceDavid

Sorry, I don't understand the question. I do have a Music library but that is all audio recordings and I would rather not include video in that.

You can add more than one.. not for sure about the separation... Look towards the bottom of the page they are on.. individually and see if you have a split versions apart link.

BruceDavid

Thanks. Not sure that I understand what you are saying but the only files or videos shown are the ones that I have included in the screenshots above.

when you click on the poster ( not play ) for each one do you have a metadata page? If you do look down at the bottom.. 

BruceDavid

Yes, I've done that. it shows chapters, people, etc. but no additional videos.

What was being said is to add a 2nd Music TYPE library but give it a different name.  You can multiple libs of the same type on your system.

BruceDavid

Got it, thanks. I just tried that. The library did not populate with any content. As an FYI, the same thing happened when I created a library using the types of Home Videos & Photos, Music Videos and TV (though with TV one piece of content was included, The Beatles Anthology which I think Emby recognized as a TV series).

Did you remove the path from the previous library first?
I probably should have mentioned that.  Each path or mount point can only be part of one library type so you can't have a music and mixed library pointing to the same content.

BruceDavid

I created an entirely new directory that contained some of the content from the Music Video directory. I then created a library using "Music" as the content type. The only thing populated was some Beatles content that I think was from Anthology as noted above. Also, Emby does not play any video only audio and does not display box art, etc. as one would expect to see of a collection of video content.

15 hours ago, BruceDavid said:

I created an entirely new directory that contained some of the content from the Music Video directory. I then created a library using "Music" as the content type

Hi.  Wouldn't you want to use "Music Videos" as the content type there?

• Thanks 1