Docker

Luke

mgworek

I am having the same problem with the logs being off in my unraid docker.

I already have my timezone set correctly in the docker. 

I remember this was a problem awhile back, maybe a year and it got resolved but I didn't remember how.

mgworek

I don't know if it matters but when starting the docker, I noticed its setting the time zone twice but I only see it defined one in my config screen.

"root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Emby' --net='host' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'TCP_PORT_8096'='8096' -e 'TZ'='America/New_York' -e 'APP_UID'='99' -e 'APP_GID'='100' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/emby/':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/':'/mnt':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Cartoons/':'/cartoons':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Shows/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/tmp':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Music/':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Documentaries/':'/Documentaries':'rw' --cpuset-cpus=2-5 'emby/embyserver:beta'

b5f3ee7f8b0453a94b8fc7489fbdf807d5e08970e120dab5b8986e76a268be2f"

darkside40

Hi there, 

since a couple of days a have massive problems with the Emby Docker running on my unRaid 6.5.

Sometimes it crashes multiple times a day, and from looking at the logs i have no idea why.

Already tried changing the default port and disabling the automatic port mapping.

I add some of my logs, hopefully you could figure it out.

Only thing i could think of that it could be related with the Kodi Companion update i installed three days ago, because the update message was present on the dashboard.

Edit:

Added another Log file because it crashed again.

server-63657643446.txt

server-63657664614.txt

server-63657664722.txt

server-63657688529.txt

Edited by darkside40

strike

Hi there, 

since a couple of days a have massive problems with the Emby Docker running on my unRaid 6.5.

Sometimes it crashes multiple times a day, and from looking at the logs i have no idea why.

Already tried changing the default port and disabling the automatic port mapping.

I add some of my logs, hopefully you could figure it out.

Only thing i could think of that it could be related with the Kodi Companion update i installed three days ago, because the update message was present on the dashboard.

Edit:

Added another Log file because it crashed again.

Check your unraid syslog if you have any call traces. 6.5 had a kernel bug which caused intability and crashes in various docker containers (mostly plex and emby). Fixed in the latest RC

darkside40

Okay till now, everything looks okay. No crash today till now. 

Yesterday it approx. crashed 4-5 times in the same timeframe.

• 2 weeks later...
andyblac644

@@Luke could you add the setting to Emby docker to allow us to use the environment variable "TZ=Europe/London", because at the moment the emby dock is not using it.

5ac623d16d94f_ScreenShot20180405at142437

5ac60fc0a9a41_ScreenShot20180405at125718

maybe it is due there is no zoneinfo ?

5ac6109754309_ScreenShot20180405at130311

Edited by andyblac644

andyblac644

Just add it when you set up the container.

add what ?

/ # dpkg -i tzdata                                                                                                                                                    
dpkg: can't open '/var/lib/dpkg/status': No such file or directory                                                                                                    

Edited by andyblac644

mastrmind11

The explicit command to use your environment timezone:  -e TZ=<timezone>

Edited by mastrmind11

andyblac644

The explicit command to use your environment timezone:  -e TZ=<timezone>

how if tzdata is not installed ?, and I as I said the environment variable is already set see above .

Edited by andyblac644

BiPolar

I just did a followup post on an older thread in the Linux root forum, but I just installed the Emby server docker on a fresh 6.5 install and after loading my library it's crashing immediately after startup. Is this the same issue y'all are having?

Hi @@BiPolar who are you referring to by y'all? I don't see anyone else here reporting that. Is an emby server log generated?

BiPolar

Thank you! I'll try RC2 and see if that fixes it tonight. Will I have to do that manually or can I use the update tool? Or should I use RC3? If using an RC, where can I find those? I'm failing miserably today.

Or would you recommend stepping back to an earlier release? 

Edited by BiPolar

BiPolar

RC3 is actually the latest now. And yes just go tools->update OS and choose the next branch

Thank you! I'll report back tonight with hopefully a success (and hopefully RC3 doesn't break something else, but Emby is my only docker and I keep things pretty clean)

BiPolar

Updated to RC3 and crashed on library scan again. 

Should I delete and reinstall the emby docker?

Edited by BiPolar

strike

You could try that. If that doesn't work you'll have to post some logs for anyone to help you, preferably with debug enabled 

BiPolar

Log file attached. Removed the container and reinstalled. Crashed immediately.

Sadly, not sure how to enable the debug.

embylog.txt

Edited by BiPolar