How Many Users Able To Connect Remotely At One Time - Any Limit? What About Hardware Limitations?

coltonyyz

coltonyyz

As the title states, I am inquiring on what capabilities Emby Server has when it comes to remote connections. If I was to share my library with publicly (no control how many users try to connect), using a public profile I create (allowing me control over what anyone has access to), what limitations would I face? Is there a limit the server imposes (not talking about # of connections allows in settings), or how would having 200 remote connections at the same time (as an example) impact my processor/ram/drives? This is probably a loaded question so I apologize in advance. I looked for an email address to send to Emby themselves but I was able to find one. This question can fit in any system category but I am using Linux. Thank you for your time!

Sammy

Depends on content / container and your hardware but the basic emby server allows only 25 devices unless you upgrade. 

Happy2Play

Well the 25 devices applies to Premiere,  you can do hundreds of browser without any premiere features.  But it is about your media, hardware and network.

So what bitrate would these 200 connection have/us?  What is your upload bandwidth? is you media spread across multiple drives?  is everything on one system or is all the media mounted to Emby Server?  

To a point it is a impossible question.

coltonyyz

As mentioned, I have 1.5Gbps upload.  I understand the point where you ask about how many drives it spread over, as that makes sense. I have premiere.

As far as the drives being mounted, yes they would be mounted because in omv they need to be in order for Emby to see the drives.

Regarding the user profile that I would create, I believe there is a setting that allows me to restrict the number of connections. That being said I think there is a section where I can limit the speed to which they could access the server.

Ultimately if I understand correctly you're saying that it would be based on hardware limits versus Emby restricting the number of connections. In theory am I correcting assuming it's unlimited?