How to make a Emby Theater theme

arthurmv

arthurmv

I see a CSS folder and some files there, but I would like to copy paste the code but I don't think it works like this...

Also how can I install a plugin from a URL?

Sorry I just want to understand.

This is where.. I write code and have some experience with it.. ( I too thought about writing and creating a FULL Emby Skin/Theme.. which included changed the way some elements are placed and behave. ( Started out writing code in Notepad on Windows... using precompiled/need to be configured servers - minus Plone - which had to be compiled during install - Dreamweaver was GOD for awhile )

The elements involved are going into an area where you have developer apps ( Visual Studio 2019 ) installed and NodeJS.. as well as Python from what I am seeing... and you are installing that plugin into that..

EDIT: Installing the skin has to be done in a certain manner... so you have to do everything leading up to this.. then install from your local URL to the app itself.. The format of the skin is in the GitHub and the package.json gives it unique information ( and may have something to do with installing it properly...) So you must have a server with the repository for your skin to install.. 

Now you can install into Emby Theater using the http://localhost:8088/package.json

To do this: type http://localhost:8088 into your browser bar. (This will confirm that 1. The server is running and 2 you can access your repository. Next, find your folder for your theme and locate the package.json file. Click this and you should see what's written in the the package.json in your browser Copy this address (CTRL+C) Go into tv.emby.media. Go to settings and Select "Installed Plugins" Select Install plugin, then select from URL and then paste your copied address in. You should have your theme loaded. Now load it from the Display Settings Menu and your done.

Hopefully I haven't created more confusion.

You sort of have to know what you are doing... Without some real help in this area or experience in using these particular application and command line you will be lost and trying to research what you are doing along the way. ( Reason why classes and school sort of help along those lines. ) While others walk in and start their command-line and or programs and start writing code.

So this method of changes that would be able to be forced or used on he apps is going to incorporate that type of information of knowledge instead of basic coding skills. BUT this does enable that to be done. ( Which is exactly what I was going to have to do, to create the skin with the design elements I wanted to incorporate- which I honestly should pursue ). JS elements and css are all incorporated into these elements.

One of the Devs here would be more suited to assist you technically speaking, with that. ( I will be watching in the background for my own benefit as always 😜 ) This could render more UI's available however for EMBY in the long run.. Designers and Devs are sometimes different or have to work together for the end result, and so many aspects DEFINITELY rely on code being written..

It can always be different but it is a good thing to learn.. I usually understand code well... It is always getting setup and technicalities of command line without being able to see what I am doing exactly that throws me..

So I do know enough to point you in the right direction.. :)

Edited by Guest
EDITED for clarification..

SO .. Luke how do we skin your server/apps now?... or do we just edit everything from the server and drop it in over the top? and hope you choose to integrate it.. 🤔

Edited by Guest

arrbee99

Just a teeny weeny hint, but please feel free to share any CSS improvements pleasey. Sharing is caring...

arthurmv
19 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Just a teeny weeny hint, but please feel free to share any CSS improvements pleasey. Sharing is caring...

Just a fix to one CSS theme, looks better than original app. If you like Plex colors try this as custom CSS:

@import url('https://gilbn.github.io/theme.park/CSS/themes/jellyfin/plex.css');

body{--theme-primary-color:#e5a00d;--theme-text-color:rgba(255, 255, 255, .87);--theme-text-color-opaque:#fff;--theme-accent-text-color:#e5a00d;--theme-primary-color-lightened:#e5a00d;--theme-icon-focus-background:rgba(255,145,0, 0.2);--theme-background:#141414;--button-background:#2c2c2c;--card-background:#2C2C2C;--header-background:var(--theme-background);--header-blur-background:rgba(20,20,20,0.66);--footer-background:#1d1d1d;--footer-blur-background:rgba(29,29,31,0.66);--theme-body-secondary-text-color:rgba(255, 255, 255, .6);--line-background:rgba(255, 255, 255, .08);--line-size:.08em;--scrollbar-thumb-background:rgba(255,255,255,.3);}

.mainDrawer{background:#2C2C2C !important;}

The only one thing I like about Plex is the theme, some fixes in theme.park theme makes a visual difference. This look with Emby system is the best thing.

Sorry if someone don't like Plex stuff, this is just a theme, Emby is better in many ways.

• Like 1

arrbee99

Thanks for that.

There's some good stuff around in this CSS section. Hopefully you've had or will have a look around. I have my own favourites which I shamelessly plug whenever I get the opportunity, most of which revolve around killing posters and thumbs so I can see backdrops better (thanks to Happy2play and others for the brains behind 99% of my stuff).

Doesn't help with Theater and Android of course.