[Android app]nuVue - your media server sidekick

rwhapham

• 2 weeks later...

OK, not sure what affects that, but all 3 episodes of OUR ZOO were all added yesterday - those dates in the image above are aired dates.

rwhapham

OK, not sure what affects that, but all 3 episodes of OUR ZOO were all added yesterday - those dates in the image above are aired dates.

I base it off of what is reported as the "added" date by the MB server. This actually is the media file's creation time. Can you check their creation time's and verify that they all were, in fact added yesterday? "Today" starts at midnight (00:00) of today's date.  "Yesterday" would be from 00:00 until 23:59 of yesterday's date.  Let me know if something isn't being calculated correctly for those files.

rwhapham

Do you sometimes add entire seasons of a show at once? Now nuVue will collapse episodes from the same season into a single expandable entry. Update rolling out.

seasons.png

• Like 2

Could the grouping options be user defined?

I'd like to see 2 or more episodes grouped together, rather than 3, within the last X days, depending on what the history value is.

I think MBC does something similar.

Edited by CBers

rwhapham

Could the grouping options be user defined?

I'd like to see 2 or more episodes grouped together, rather than 3, within the last X days, depending on what the history value is.

I think MBC does something similar.

I'll have to give that a bit of thought--I'm not sure how well that fits in to the way media is organized in the app right now. But that thinking will have to wait, as I'm about to be out of the country for two weeks. Edited by rwhapham

rwhapham

Very nice Rob - have you just released it to the Play Store?

I +1 your G+ post ;)

It looks like the update is live in the Play Store now.  Sometimes I jump the gun on my announcement posts.  ;)

It looks like the update is live in the Play Store now. Sometimes I jump the gun on my announcement posts. ;)

LOL

Not available yet here in the UK.

Will check again later.

MrWebsmith

Do you sometimes add entire seasons of a show at once? Now nuVue will collapse episodes from the same season into a single expandable entry. Update rolling out.

seasons.png

YESSS this is huge for me.. thank you!

Is this done automatically by the app, or is there a setting somewhere ??

I ask, as I have 3 new episodes of a TV show which isn't being collapsed:

Screenshot_2014-09-18-21-25-26.png

Just updated to v1.4.1.

MrWebsmith

weird.. i thought i bought this (in addition to the kind offer from the testin phase).. im correcting that now at the play store..

good stuff rob

• Like 1

rwhapham

Is this done automatically by the app, or is there a setting somewhere ??

I ask, as I have 3 new episodes of a TV show which isn't being collapsed:

Screenshot_2014-09-18-21-25-26.png

Just updated to v1.4.1.

It's done automatically--with a little smarts behind it.  First, it will only collapse items within the same time period (today, yesterday, this week, etc.).  Otherwise you could have a grouping that spans multiple time periods, making the organization hard to understand.  And second, it only collapses items if there are 3 or more episodes from the same season within in the same time period.  Otherwise shows that might have two episodes on a given night would be unnecessarily collapsed--I think having two items in the list is far better than having one that expands into 3 (the group + the two items). So your scenario doesn't pass either check.  In a couple of days, though, you will see them in a group since they will all be in the "This Week" time period.  Make sense?

weird.. i thought i bought this (in addition to the kind offer from the testin phase).. im correcting that now at the play store..

good stuff rob

LOL I did that a few weeks back.

I never thought I'd use it, but it's very handy, especially with the playto function :)

Hi Rob.

I know you're on holiday, but wanted to post an issue for when you return.

Just had a notification from NuVue that a new movie had been added.

The problem us, I haven't added any movies today and the one NuVue said had been, was added 2 months ago.

Not sure why NuVue thinks it's new.

Somehow MBS had set the date added to today's date which caused NuVue to think it was a new movie.

I changed the date added value back to when it was added and now NuVue doesn't see it as new :)

CBers

Hi Rob.

Not sure when you're back, so I'll post this for when you return.

I don't get any notifications when outside my local LAN.

As soon as I get home though, I get notifications.

Any idea please?

Thanks.

PS. @@MrWebsmith - you use this app don't you? Do you get notifications when away from your local LAN?

Edited by CBers

MrWebsmith

yea i get notifications over wan regularly... ill look into if my config is "special" in any way.. but i believe i just put in my external address when i set it up..

CBers

Didn't think there was a way of adding external address - I thought the idea was to connect when inside your LAN, and it would add WAN address automatically.

I don't set my DDNS/WAN address explicitly in MBS.

MrWebsmith

hmm yea trying to even get back to the currently entered address i saw your pt.

well i have my no-ip ddns in the server.. so that may be a reason mine works...  i thought i was here in the office though when i installed it.. so it wouldnt have been "local" for a simply scan ever.. thats where i thought i had entered that address from the get-go

rob?

CBers

It's OK.

I logged out of the app and logged back in and it prompted me for the address, so I entered my DDNS address - all working now.

Edited by CBers