CSS to pin top navigation bar to the top of the screen while scrolling down page

Mr_Scumbag

Mr_Scumbag

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping there is a CSS guru among you who is able to provide some CSS to prevent the navigation bar at the top of the screen containing links for Suggestions, Favorites, Collections, Folders, etc from disappearing and "folding up" when the user scrolls down the page. I would like to pin it to the top of the screen while scrolling to enable easy access to the "back" button on the left of the screen, the links and the Chromecast button. Please see screenshot for the section of the screen to which I'm referring.

I've spent a decent amount of time trying to figure it out, but unfortunately I've had no success. Anyone able to help?

I actually think built in functionality that enables this as an option would be a good idea that quite a few people would be interested in using, in case any of the devs are reading. It would allow for much faster and easier navigation that doesn't require having to scroll back to the top of the page frequently. (Edit: so I've just noticed that scrolling up once, no matter where you are on the page pops the bar back out, but I still believe that having it there permanently would be preferable for myself and some others) It would add to quality of life - especially for those with large libraries. Since Emby already has functionality to pin the sidebar, I think it's worth considering this.

vivaldi_ze0Dq9CNuo.png

Edited by Mr_Scumbag
Additional info

PenkethBoy

i hides when you scroll down but it re appears if you scroll up slightly - dont have to scroll to the top to see it again

Mr_Scumbag

Thanks. I just realized that and was making an edit to reflect that while you were posting.

I'd still prefer it to remain on top while scrolling, if possible.

Happy2Play

Something like this.

div.skinHeader {transform: none !important;}

• Thanks 1

Mr_Scumbag

That worked flawlessly and now I feel silly. I was messing with the transform function but somehow never tried that.

Thanks!