Google home skip forward/play next only working on 1 Chromecast

codyhood10000

codyhood10000

I don't need any of the above to cast all I want to know is why google home and emby are not working together. all I want to be able to do is play pause rewind fast forward and play next episode(all with my voice). I am able to do all of this on the bedroom Chromecast but not the living room Chromecast. The only other issue I am having is getting google home to work with emby in playing a move or tv show using my voice. thanks.

Understood but if Google software can't cast properly to Google's device there is likely something causing an issue.  Either things were setup incorrectly correctly or maybe a network issue/firewall type thing.

There is likely a slim chance Emby is going to work correctly with those devices when Chrome itself can't see them.

codyhood10000

Hey so just to let everyone know I fixed it. I just went and bout a new Chromecast. And now all the functions works play pause skip next episode rewind ect. I'm not sure why but none of that would work on my other Chromecast and it was a Chromecast with Google tv. I switched back to a 2017 3rd gen Chromecast and now not a single issue. Not sure why. Maybe emby content like the new generation Chromecasts. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 3:13 PM, codyhood10000 said:

Hey so just to let everyone know I fixed it. I just went and bout a new Chromecast. And now all the functions works play pause skip next episode rewind ect. I'm not sure why but none of that would work on my other Chromecast and it was a Chromecast with Google tv. I switched back to a 2017 3rd gen Chromecast and now not a single issue. Not sure why. Maybe emby content like the new generation Chromecasts. 

That's interesting, thanks for the feedback.