Google home skip forward/play next only working on 1 Chromecast

codyhood10000

codyhood10000

Hello, I am having a issue with Emby Google home and my Chromecast. I have two Chromecasts one in the bedroom(3rd gen) and one in the living room (Google Chromecast w/Google tv) the Chromecast in the bedroom will play next episode or skip ahead 5 minutes or any of that kind of stuff....but for the life of me I can't get it to work on the living room Chromecast. It worked once I believe but since then it only pauses and resumes. Yet the bedroom Chromecast plays pauses plays next episode skips forward and back any amount of time. Does anyone know why I am not able to do this on my living room Chromecast 

I appreciate any and all the feedback. 

Thanks 

Edited by codyhood10000

Sorry I don't have Chromecast w/Google TV so I'm just asking a question here.

Doesn't this device allow you to install Emby directly on it?  If so have you tried leaving Emby running on the device and "casting" to the Emby app running on this device?

codyhood10000

I never thought about having to do it that way. I guess I will have to sign up for emby premiere again to try that out. I will let you know. Thanks for the input 

On the living room Chromecast what happens if you just use the Emby ATV app and not cast to it?
Does all the functionality work correctly that way?

codyhood10000

No it doesn't. It still only plays and pauses. No skip forward or rewind or next episode or anything. Only allows for play and pause. Yet the bedroom Chromecast still allows all of the above to work 

Hi. Can you please tell us exactly what you are doing and what is happening?  Perhaps with some screen shots?

Thanks.

18 hours ago, codyhood10000 said:

No it doesn't. It still only plays and pauses. No skip forward or rewind or next episode or anything. Only allows for play and pause. Yet the bedroom Chromecast still allows all of the above to work 

Do you see the rewind and fast forward buttons?

As ebr has said screen shots are going to help a lot.

codyhood10000

So I have a living room Chromecast and a bedroom Chromecast. I also have emby premiere. The problem I am having is I cast media from my Samsung phone to bedroom chrome cast or living room Chromecast. In the bedroom Chromecast it listens to all my commands Play pause next episode fast forward and rewind. However on the living room Chromecast newest model with Google tv. It only plays and pauses. It will not work with any other commands just play and pause. It will not rewind or fast forward or skip to next episode. I'm not understanding why it works perfectly on a old Chromecast in the bedroom but the new Chromecast in the livingroom is not working properly. Please advise on what screens shots I would need and I would be happy to do my best to accommodate. Any help is appreciated.

codyhood10000

I have also tried right from the emby app on Google tv and that does not work either. I have tried casting from phone to the actual emby app on Google tv instead of the living room Chromecast and that is pointless as well. 8 tried deleting the emby app from the Google tv that way it just shows one Chromecast in the living room but that does nothing either. I am at a lost for words and ready to just call it quits. This may be another problem. But I also can't ask Google to play a specific movie or TV show on emby. Even though I'm signed up and lined properly. 

codyhood10000

I apologise if I didn't make this apparent. But I am trying to achieve all of this with my voice through my google home assistant. Thanks 

Can you supply the info previously requested so we can help you?

14 minutes ago, codyhood10000 said:

I apologise if I didn't make this apparent. But I am trying to achieve all of this with my voice through my google home assistant. Thanks 

Okay, so that is in all cases?  When you ran the app on the actual TV and said it wouldn't skip forward or back, you meant only with voice via the home assistant?  Just to confirm, all these operations work with the remote control for the Google TV?

Was just going to comment that's a bit different situation.

How are you starting playback of this media.  Are you starting playback by voice?

Can you give us the conversation or voice commands being used?

The more specific you can be the better for us to test.

codyhood10000

Correct everything works with the remote just not with voice. Everything works with voice on the bedroom Chromecast but not the livingroom Chromecast. I try to start a movie or show by my voice but it doesn't allow me to for some reason so I always cast using my phone. 

Examples: ask Google home in the bedroom to pause bedroom Chromecast and it pauses or if I say hey Google skip ahead 10 minutes then it skips ahead 10 minutes.

But if I say hey Google skip ahead 30 seconds on living room Chromecast then it doesn't do anything. Or if I say hey Google skip back 1 minutes on living room Chromecast it does nothing.

It works flawlessly in the bedroom just not in the livingroom which makes me wonder where the problem could be.

Fyi. I would also love to start playback by voice since I have premiere but for some reason emby never responds with anything positive.

Examples: hey Google ask emby home to play family guy. Emby response. I didn't understand or please say which player you want to play it on... Then it says a bunch of players. None of which are my living room Chromecast....

I did notice the other day that my computer that I have my emby server on says not secure when I open emby in a chrome browser....but all my other bookmarks or tabs say secure. I'm thinking the problem may lie in there somewhere. But would have no clue how to test or fix to see. 

Thanks again everyone. 

From Chrome web browser on a PC can you try to cast a movie and show us the options that show up on the list?
Does the living room Chromecast show up on this list?

codyhood10000

it doesn't, the following show up. but none of them do anything

galaxy note 8 - emby for android

galaxy note 8 - android tv

iphone - emby for ios

I own the galaxy note 8 and the girlfriend has the iphone.

I have tried casting to all of these and they do nothing.

Thanks.

Neither of your chromecast devices show up?

You did this from a chrome browser on your PC?

From your PC can you successfully ping each device when it's on your network?

codyhood10000

No neither of the Chromecasts show up through web browser only on Android and iOS devices. Yes I do use chrome for the web browser. I'm not too sure how to ping each device from my PC? Can you explain? Is this something inside the emby settings ? Thank you 

codyhood10000

If you mean do both devices show up in my computer settings then yes they do they just don't show up within emby. But they show up as other devices under Bluetooth and devices. 

Forget about Emby.

In Chrome can you cast to both Chromecasts and get the browser screen on them?

If not I would reinstall and walk back through the setup for each device as these should show up in Chrome.

The other thing to check probably first is to look at your router and see what IP each chromecast is using.

Then from the command prompt type:

ping 192.168.1.14 (using the IP for each chromecast).  You should see a few line with 2ms or so access times.  This will show if your computer can communicate with both devices or if possibly your network is segmented or running in some type of isolation mode (often the case with WIFI).

codyhood10000

No I am not able to cast from my chrome browser to either of my Chromecast. Which I thought was weird considering I previously used Plex and figured I would see if my Chromecast shows up in there and they do. I checked the ip address and ping them and they seem all good 0% loss packets sent and received got all the averages and whatnot...any other help is appreciated. Thanks 

Edited by codyhood10000

On a normal webpage such as www.google.com when clicking the cast button do you see any devices at all listed?

codyhood10000

a normal website like google.com, no there is no cast button, but on places like youtube there is a cast button and everything shows up... just not emby

Thanks.

On 4/21/2021 at 8:20 PM, codyhood10000 said:

it doesn't, the following show up. but none of them do anything

galaxy note 8 - emby for android

galaxy note 8 - android tv

iphone - emby for ios

I own the galaxy note 8 and the girlfriend has the iphone.

I have tried casting to all of these and they do nothing.

Thanks.

Hi, what exactly does "none of them do anything" mean? Please go over an example and attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.