Emby changes at all

cassete

cassete

First, I want to congratulate the entire EMBY team.
I want to expose innovative ideas so that they can be applied over time at EMBY.
1 - A good change would be in the GENERO menu. You do not need to box it as it is done. just a pulldown menu ... ACTION, ADVENTURE, WAR ETC.

2 - A side navigation menu, like from netflix, could be based on that. a more fluid navigation, select film, the background image appears, if possible, as a small trailer, also in the netflix style, or something very close, not to mention that it is a copy. Anyway, something like netflix layout or other examples from other companies when it comes to visuals and navigation.

3 - A real server in the cloud. As plex had it, which I subscribed to, and I only canceled it because this service was withdrawn. But the emby is more advanced, etc.

4 - You need to remove the green tone, have options to change the colors of the emby.

5 - Series. Modify the way of navigating. I believe, it is not necessary to have seasons 1,2,3 ... (covers), but only the main cover of the series, the main information etc. And side by side or below, season 1> episodes
season 2> episodes
as it is at popcorn time. simple and objective.

Anyway, if it is possible to bring together the best of each company, netflix, popcorn, Hulu, Disney etc etc, and apply it to the emby, it would have a beautiful and simple to navigate visual aesthetic. You need to remove the concept of covers such as DVD and bluray on the shelf, that is, one next to the other and from top to bottom. today that has been changed.

Well on four..(4) that Side menu format you were talkin bout earlier...available through the hamburger menu... In settings Under Display.. I believe there is a n option to change the color.. Light/dark which ever you please and a selection of skins.. You may also add a skin through the custom css which is available online by search and some here in the forum.. to apply the theme to the WebUI part of Emby.

EDIT: on 3 are you talking about the server itself running from the cloud or are you talking about, mounting libraries from a cloud server? I believe you can do that too... 

5 - I sort of disagree on that...

2 - I like my slide menu to hide itself and maximize my space for viewing, much nicer... Do see the point in being able to shrink the small menu up top though.. or change it.

1 - There are a few places the shadow-box menu is a little large but it is designed for easy navigation, even with a remote.. but probably could be faster.. in some cases. The main thing I see is the aesthetic though.

If someone put themselves into it we would have more skins for emby and configurations.. most of this is contributed work though.

Edited by Guest

cassete

O servidor de nuvem, onde eu poderia deixar meu pc compartilhar. e por smarthphone ou smartv para acessar o conteúdo. emby não permite, porque mesmo em streaming, meu pc tem que ficar conectado ...

as I said, it would be better to have the emby in series, the cover of the series, and then only the seasons
two
like popcorn

Edited by cassete

I see what you mean... It is possible but with other types of setups, it works differently..

Like hosting your media server somewhere else, and having it access your media from the cloud storage or a server and stream it to all your devices, while your other stuff at home stays off.

cassete

I remember PLEX. it allowed to do that, the files were sent to the google drive, i accessed it on my smartphone or tv directly from google. my server didn't need to be connected 24h

AND there were changes to Google too... I use OneDrive but only used this type of service for a short time.. Plus I would need around 14TB of cloud storage.. The apps Groove and a few others support this type of thing. All you need is cloud storage with certain types of access.

cassete

the emby needed to change the style of showing the covers of the series etc, according to the image sent. this last one, you see what i'm talking about. it is much more practical, select the season and have the episodes on the side. I find it much more beautiful and also aesthetic. you need to implement something like this in the emby.163141947_CapturadeTela(2).thumb.png.d54e0f022464df304c84ed87493e3c43.png

Right and smaller.. that has been suggested here before. A few people mentioned changing to something like this instead of multi-level browsing and large thumbnails..

The Groove app ( and many others now ) and OneDrive.. You can throw your music into the Music folder on OneDrive and set it up in Groove and stream everywhere you go that you have a Groove app.. been around for awhile.. Used to when Microsoft still had the Music Store you could copy and buy music to this directory and stream from OneDrive.. Every service that does this though starts charging or changing their services not long after.. Makes you want to get into the business..LOL

cassete

as I understand it, you are saying in the case of music this is it .. I speak of films, series etc. in the cloud, as it was with the plex.

Yeah, I know there are services out there but yes.. I do realize what you mean..

Some people run raspberry pi boxes or those tinypc units to take care of emby but they usually access an NAS or files mounted from the cloud or online storage.

cassete

what I also said, about genres. they are boxes ... I think that without any aesthetics. the emby only needs to have the genre menu as I said before, and not gender boxes.

Captura de Tela (3).png

cassete

Yes, visually and better. now the boxes, unfortunately I find it horrible.

arrbee99

People like different things. You might be able to make some changes for the browser view only by using css, but I doubt if that would help with bigger stuff, like turning horizontal season images into vertical season lists.

There is a css section in the forum.

17 minutes ago, cassete said:

Yes, visually and better. now the boxes, unfortunately I find it horrible.

Have you explored the filter menu in your movies list?

cassete

Yes, I already did some css tests, but unfortunately it didn't change almost anything. If I were a programmer, I would definitely contribute to the EMBY team. He would make the necessary changes. But I believe that this is not possible for the team, and it is a matter of putting it into practice. there is a software that is identical to netflix (clone) called streamhash, but it is monetized etc. I don't care that way.

cassete

Olá Lucas,
já sim., Mas no futuro haverá alguma mudança neste assunto, assim como na série, a forma de visualizar. como mandei a imagem da pipoca ...

Captura de Tela (4).png

Edited by cassete

cassete

Hi,
already did that. but the options remain as boxes. what i'm saying is the creation of a genre menu, just like popcorn time, as you can see in the image above ..

Captura de Tela (4).png

seanbuff
14 minutes ago, cassete said:

Hi,
already did that. but the options remain as boxes. what i'm saying is the creation of a genre menu, just like popcorn time, as you can see in the image above ..

No, they are not boxes, the filter acts to "filter" your large Movies view only to display the genre's that you choose from the menu. Just like Popcorn does.

The "boxes" are only shown when you go to the 'Genre' tab itself.

cassete

Hi,

here for me and that is how the screen is ... see image ...72511864_CapturadeTela(5).thumb.png.853b4e3c111a13dca087ee209577f405.png

GrimReaper
8 hours ago, cassete said:

the emby needed to change the style of showing the covers of the series etc, according to the image sent. this last one, you see what i'm talking about. it is much more practical, select the season and have the episodes on the side. I find it much more beautiful and also aesthetic. you need to implement something like this in the emby.163141947_CapturadeTela(2).thumb.png.d54e0f022464df304c84ed87493e3c43.png

A big NO, thank you. I find that atrocious. 

• Like 1