Playlist within a collection does not have any content

hemsimmons

hemsimmons

I have just started using the Emby apps installed both on the Chromecast with Google TV and 4K Fire Sticks and am loving not having to cast from my iPad anymore! However, I'm still trying to figure the best way to organize all my various content.  Upon reading through the forums about collections within collections and how it seems like that may never happen (no idea WHY that would be so hard....),  I found  some other users that were assigning Playlists to Collections as an alternative and have done that a LOT.

Unfortunately, when I browse the Collections and pull up a Playlist --- the playlist has no content -- there is nothing there to select/play.   If I go directly to the Playlists tab to open the playlist it works just fine.   This totally defeats the point of using the playlists as sub-collections and, thus, puts me back at square one.

Is this expected behavior?  Is there any chance it would ever be fixed?

Thanks!

Hi, from the standpoint of getting back all of the playable media items in a single database query, this situation is a little complicated, because it's a difficult to jump through these nested structure layers all in one shot. It's something we are continuing to work on improving. Thanks for the feedback.

hemsimmons

I'm not as technically proficient as most folks on these forums --  I'm a CPA and know just enough to get things working (on a Windows box) so long as nothing goes terribly wrong --- but I think I follow the post. :)  Though it isn't what I really wanted to hear, I appreciate the quick reply.   Now, I get to re-re-re-organizing my files.... yay....  🥴