Genre Cleaner not removing Genre (1.0.1.2)

Heckler

Heckler

Noticed that a movie I added the other day has a genre that is not supposed to be listed at all, it's not listed in genre cleaner and even after saving the list again and running it... is not removed as it should be.

The genre in question is 'suspense' which is not a genre at all in reality, as that is covered by drama/thriller... and I refuse to allow the gazillion stupid genre tags that are created by people on places like themoviedb and so forth... We all know it's a problem that they refuse to tackle because otherwise things like genre cleaner wouldn't be needed at all.

genrecleaner01.JPG

genrecleaner02.JPG

Edited by Heckler

Are you sure that is coming from the internet and not local metadata?  I'm not sure genre cleaner runs anymore if you have local data.

Heckler

All metadata is taken from the internet and then stored locally. After setting up genre cleaner, it has always stopped genres being added to that local data when it's grabbed from the net.

Now however it's not doing that since the latest server release, and I have noticed multiple instances of this happening now.

It does seem to be broken.

And what version of genre cleaner do you have now?  Log when you fully refresh something or add something with a genre that should be cleaned?

Heckler

As per the subject, I am running 1.0.1.2

I manually edited the 4 films that had the wrong genres, so I will have to wait until I add something new and monitor if it happens again to get the logs.

The 2 genres that crept through even though they're not in thelist of accepted genres were 'Suspense' & 'Indie'  neither of which are actual genres.

Actually, it was released as Beta a few weeks ago but I promoted it yesterday.

But, more to the point, does it work now?

techywarrior

I ran it against my music collection, since I had previously cleaned up my movies nicely, and it doesn't appear to be working. I have a lot of music so not sure you want to look thru a log that is trying to check 20,000+ songs but I can see a genre that I mapped to another is still showing after a new library scan was run.

Perhaps someone that has a more limited collection, or has a testing environment setup, can provide more concise logs to analyze.

Heckler

Actually, it was released as Beta a few weeks ago but I promoted it yesterday.

But, more to the point, does it work now?

I don't have it set to notify/update beta versions anymore, only release ones... So it only notified me of an update yesterday.   :)

I don't yet know if it's working because nothing I've added in the last couple of days contained any erroneous genres that it would remove. Of the 4 new additions in the last 36hrs I have double checked them against the info on themoviedb to see if that contained any extra genres I have removed and they didn't.

Short of checking every single addition as it gets added... I won't know if it works until some knew is added that does contain... Unless you can think of a way for me to test/trick it.

Okay, there was definitely an issue in 1.2 created by changes on the server so let's see how it does now that it has upgraded.

If you really want to, you can create a fake movie in your collection by just creating a folder named for a movie and putting a 'bdmv' folder inside that.  Or, you can just wait until you add something real.

• Like 1