Notifications and/or banner

warhansen

warhansen

Hi, 

Background: I live in a country where we have scheduled rolling power blackouts. I would like to place a banner at the top of Emby library when you log in that shows when the next scheduled power outage will be so users know when the server will be off.

Request: So let's say when logged in as admin user, I could enter a sentence in the setup/config portion of Emby that will just scroll over the screen while in the library sections. And maybe 10 minutes before the server is about to shut down, if someone is watching then it could pop up as a reminder over die video they are watching. Possibly instead of entering a sentence there could be a standard way in which to create a file with message and times it should display and you can point Emby server to that file. In that case I could just edit the file and Emby could pick up what to display. So let's say 1 line for the sentence, 1 line for date/time it should only scrol over when browsing the libary and a thrid line for when it should display over the video while someone is watching.

Asking a lot, but thanks.

This could be as simple as creating an RSS feed notification plugin, and being able to point it to a file, or URL/File with that data.. That would be nice if you have an online source or are creating one yourself...