Sony TV App & Dolby Vision

maltice

FrostByte
On 8/31/2022 at 4:41 AM, mrmorrison said:

I am writing in this old post just to update information. Sony Bravia TVs (or at least the one I have, A8H - 2020) can play profiles 5 profiles 8 and even 7 MEL (not 7 FEL). Profile 7 must necessarily be in single track (makeMkv). All this tested by me with Emby app for android

Sorry if all this has been known for some time and I have written obvious things

Thanks.  I'm seriously thinking of a Sony for my next TV and glad to see they support DV7 MEL.  Couldn't find anything in the user's manual stating that. 

I sort of figured all new Sony's supported 8.1 though because Sony has their own streaming service Bravia Core which uses profile 8.1 and requires a 115 mbps connection.

• Like 1

mrmorrison
On 9/5/2022 at 1:25 AM, FrostByte said:

Thanks.  I'm seriously thinking of a Sony for my next TV and glad to see they support DV7 MEL.  Couldn't find anything in the user's manual stating that. 

I sort of figured all new Sony's supported 8.1 though because Sony has their own streaming service Bravia Core which uses profile 8.1 and requires a 115 mbps connection.

I am happy to have been a help to you.

I have to specify that Sony default media player cannot play Dolby Vision.

It is necessary to use third-party apps such as Emby (but also some Kodi builds)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
georgiosdelimpasis
On 9/8/2022 at 2:01 PM, mrmorrison said:

I am happy to have been a help to you.

I have to specify that Sony default media player cannot play Dolby Vision.

It is necessary to use third-party apps such as Emby (but also some Kodi builds)

My Sony X93J default media player definitely plays  Dolby Vision. The Emby app instead does not.

On 11/28/2022 at 3:35 AM, georgiosdelimpasis said:

My Sony X93J default media player definitely plays  Dolby Vision. The Emby app instead does not.

@georgiosdelimpasis 

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.