Audiobooks: Remove "Suggestions" and replace with "Up Next"

Jbbrack03

Jbbrack03

Currently Audiobooks are basically mirrored after the music layout in Emby. There is a "Suggestions" section at the top of the screen that lists random audiobook chapters when selected. This is not something that is useful in the context of an Audiobook. It would be more helpful to replace "Suggestions" with an "Up Next" section that lists either the current chapter that you haven't finished or the next chapter in the book that you are listening to. It would be fine to track several books on this screen.

• Like 1

laie_techie

No, "Suggestions" still makes sense. If you like this audiobook, you might be interested in these other ones.

Jbbrack03
15 hours ago, laie_techie said:

No, "Suggestions" still makes sense. If you like this audiobook, you might be interested in these other ones.

I see your point. With how it's implemented right now, Suggestions are made up of random chapters from your books. This is the part that doesn't work well. If it was just a suggestion for books to listen to, then that's a bit different. You can justify it, however I'm not sure that it adds much to the experience. This isn't like Netflix where you might not know what's offered. All of it is stuff that you chose to add, so you'll probably be familiar with the selection. But if there is a reason to suggest books, then that's fine by me. There still needs to be an "Up Next" section that tracks your progress across books and gives you an easy way of continuing your listening.

EDIT: After giving this some more thought, if the devs are interested in incorporating "Suggestions" I think that it would make more sense on the book's page. Kind of like how Emby implements this sort of thing for movies and series. Have a section at the bottom of the main book page that shows related items (like in the case of a series) or similar items. This kind of context relates to that specific book that you opened, so it makes sense there. I think it makes more sense this way than it would as a main heading on the master Audiobooks page.

Edited by Jbbrack03

I think it should remain as Suggestions, but just probably adjust the content of it for audio books.

• Like 1