Issue since MBS update

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

Hi guys. I am not sure if this is XBMB3C specific issue but since the last server update, I noticed today when I first went into XBMC it seemed that it was taking a long time for my videos to come up when I enter them. I select, let's say, TV Shows, it would take about 20 seconds for the images to pop up for my series. After that, entering them and playing was fine with no lag.

I restarted my computer just to see if that would affect anything and now it seems that I am getting the "unable to connect to host error". 

I am running Windows 8 and MBS and XBMC are on this same machine that I am using. I have not had any issues with this since I first started using these services about 4 months ago.

I am not sure if there has been an update to the plugin recently as sometimes it will update when I enter the player and I don't notice that it's updated, so I am not sure if this is server related or plugin related. 

Here is my log from my last attempt to enter XBMC/Kodi:

http://pastebin.com/hSxHXbTR

I am going to try out using my Win 8 player and MBT to see if there is any connection issue there as well.

Thanks.

-Jason

jasonmcroy

Ok, for an update here, I am having the same issue in the Win 8 app and MBT so I posted over on the already existing thread in the Server thread.

I don't think this is a plugin only issue.

-Jason

Ok, I am editing this post because I found that I was not able to access the server via the browser either so I restarted my computer and now the browser works fine, MBT works fine and the Windows 8 app works fine. However the plugin is now working, but it's back to being very slow to access my videos. Once again, once they come up, they play just fine.

Also, on the Confluence Mod none of my folders are showing up on the home screen now. However, in the Titan Mod they are.

Let me know if you need another log or anything.

Thanks.

-Jason

Edited by jasonmcroy

marcelveldt

Ok, for an update here, I am having the same issue in the Win 8 app and MBT so I posted over on the already existing thread in the Server thread.

I don't think this is a plugin only issue.

-Jason

Ok, I am editing this post because I found that I was not able to access the server via the browser either so I restarted my computer and now the browser works fine, MBT works fine and the Windows 8 app works fine. However the plugin is now working, but it's back to being very slow to access my videos. Once again, once they come up, they play just fine.

Also, on the Confluence Mod none of my folders are showing up on the home screen now. However, in the Titan Mod they are.

Let me know if you need another log or anything.

Thanks.

-Jason

Hi Jason, did you add a large collection of Music to the MediaBrowser server ? In the past I've had issues myself when I added a collection (folder0 with too many items to the library. What I did to solve this is add subfolders of a large collection to the library and not the rootfolder itself.