IMDB watchlist

pglbrookes
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

pglbrookes

hi I know there are some liks to trakt and talk of watchlist playlists in emby but my request is slightly different... I have emby set up to play trailers before films and also i watch trailers for upcoming movies... I would like to be able to click a button while watching this and for emby to add the film to my imdb watch list so i dont have to pause and search it out and add it myself.... I know this sounds massively lazy but it feels like it shouldnt be too complex. it would also mean i wouldnt have the conversations with my parents along the lines of "we saw the trailer for a film, it looked a few years old and kind of like a spy film but not quite" they could just click the button 😉

Edited by pglbrookes

• Solution

HI, there is no communication with Imdb as their api is not freely available for other apps to integrate with.

CharleyVarrick
2 hours ago, pglbrookes said:

how unhelpful of them!

Greedy is also a good description

Edited by CharleyVarrick

pglbrookes

would this be possible with trakt? i cant see anything about a similar integration, but if i can make this work i would happily swap away from imdb if they are getting proprietary about things..

Yea m

On 3/13/2021 at 10:35 AM, pglbrookes said:

would this be possible with trakt? i cant see anything about a similar integration, but if i can make this work i would happily swap away from imdb if they are getting proprietary about things..

Hi, do you mean Trakt watchlists? Yes, integrating with that would be more realistic than Imdb.

• Like 1