Add alpha picker to the "add to collection screen

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48
4 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Maybe it was that grid of collection posters you mentioned. There were at least a lot more items shown in that 'add to' box.

You might have a point and I believe that the grid was vastly superior to what is happening now. The current add screen looks to have been designed with the intent of making it too hard to use for people with more than 5-6 collections.

But in two and a half years Emby moved backward from a clumsy but usable screen to one that is about as close to unusable as anything Emby has ever done.

Of course, now that I am becoming a bit insistent, we can expect Emby to do nothing as this "good idea" seems to have become bad because I asked for it.

I must apologize to most of the Emby users for suggesting an improvement that seems to have encouraged Emby in the other direction. We now have an "add to collection" screen that is practically unusable. Improvement????

arrbee99

Yes it was discussed before here somewhere, but I can't even think of a decent term to search for to help find it. I was hoping to find it in case it hand some handy illustrations / screenshots.

It was I think better when much more was packed in, even though the term packed in doesn't sound good for clarity of display...

But I must admit, now I've read this thread, and as I can use a keyboard, that isn't to me a bad solution / workaround.

Grid with keyboard shortcut maybe ?

Gilgamesh_48
17 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Yes it was discussed before here somewhere, but I can't even think of a decent term to search for to help find it. I was hoping to find it in case it hand some handy illustrations / screenshots.

It was I think better when much more was packed in, even though the term packed in doesn't sound good for clarity of display...

But I must admit, now I've read this thread, and as I can use a keyboard, that isn't to me a bad solution / workaround.

Grid with keyboard shortcut maybe ?

If you read this thread then you saw that I want/need the alpha picker because I do all maintenance from my recliner as I cannot sit in a normal" chair for long without a lot of pain. I do use a keyboard from my chair but it is only convenient for a fairly short time and I really see no reason for the change to a nearly useless screen like we have now.

I have no problem at all with the keyboard shortcut but an alpha picker would be a very good addition to the grid add to collections screen. This "new" add to collections screen is a huge move into un-usability and without an alpha picker it is a horrid idea. The ONLY redeeming feature for me now is I have most of my collections created and set as I want them so I do not have to use the junky screen much anymore.

Edited by Gilgamesh_48