Add support for new subtitle flags like "Hearing impaired"

FrostByte

rbjtech
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

Also, hoping Luke added the ability to set the subtitle mode to HI. 

Not in .51 - I checked - just Smart and Forced as it was before.

I presume you want the option of having a preference to use SDH/HI if available over a non SDH/HI track ?

crusher11
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

You shouldn't see any difference if using embedded names then.  The changes should only affect Emby friendly naming which uses two lines for subtile naming.

I'm still waiting for .51 though to verify.

I would expect that if I deleted the track name, Emby would now visually differentiate between HI and non-HI subs.

FrostByte
26 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Not in .51 - I checked - just Smart and Forced as it was before.

I presume you want the option of having a preference to use SDH/HI if available over a non SDH/HI track ?

Correct, that was kind of the whole point of the FR was for @Luketo add that.  My wife is deaf and could always manually select the SDH track without these changes because I added the internal track name myself.

The ability to download SDH subtitles from opensubtitles would be nice also.

FrostByte
13 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I would expect that if I deleted the track name, Emby would now visually differentiate between HI and non-HI subs.

Correct, if using the option for embedded track names and the track name is blank, then Emby uses its friendly name so there's at least something.

FrostByte

@GrimReaperCan this FR be marked as in progress?  It's not really complete because only the backend stuff is done.  Still can't do #2 which is to select HI subs as mode of choice and you can't download SDH subtitles like you can with the other types (forced, full, etc).

• 3 months later...
FrostByte

@Luke /mods I think this one can be marked complete now as everything requested is in 4.8 stable.  

My wife who relies on hearing impaired subs is very pleased.  Thank you very much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1