Last update

dark_slayer

dark_slayer

Yeah - I am saying I think I can make the add-on xml look like the Aeon Nox built-in version.  Each skin can override the built in one.

I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.

xnappo

Cool, IMO it should really be conditionally full screen and opaque

Though I have a feeling that would have been easily done if desired and someone else is out there hating what I just said . . .

Also, is this in default.py?

Can you animate (roll) the disc art :D

dark_slayer

What is rolling disk art?

Please don't tell me it is disk art that rotates like the disk is spinning.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't follow every thread every day so I never saw the request for feedback on the dialog

Animated disc art is probably one of my favorite features from nox where the picture of the disc rolls into the show info screen from left to right and ends in a static position on the info screen to the right of the overview. It works with xbmb3c disc.png metadata already

You learn a lot talking to users.

As a software engineer, in my day job I don't interact with end users much but every now and then a PM will come to me and say the users really want a dancing hot dog on the second screen to show if the settings are correct (just an example), at that point I laugh my ass off and look them directly in the eye and ask if they are serious, usually the answer is yes.

After all the data modelling, api interfaces, storage mechanisms you build with so much though and it can come down to a dancing hot dog weather a user is happy or not with your project blows my mind, it always has and always will.

I guess that is why it is so important to use the MVC approach in projects.

Damn, that was funny to me. I feel your pain np. I'm trying to make a bunch of government analysts happy on a project right now, so I am right there with you.

xnappo

Looks like a built in control:

<control type="spincontrol" id="60">
                    <left>1820</left>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-260,0" time="0" condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(discart)) | !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(characterart)) | !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.characterart))">Conditional</animation>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,30" time="0" condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Tagline)">Conditional</animation>
                    <top>600</top>
                    <width>50</width>
                    <height>88</height>
                    <onup>5000</onup>
                    <onleft>60</onleft>
                    <onright>60</onright>
                    <ondown>150</ondown>
                    <visible>!ControlGroup(6000).HasFocus</visible>
                </control>

I also like it.  It is no dancing hot dog :D

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

im85288

Am I missing something here? Been travelling for a while. Things like rotating discs are down to the skinners for each skin. So confluence does not need to have it if it does not want too.

I thought this was about fixing the standard dialogvideoinfo.xml to allow the play action to work..or has another proposal/solution come up.

Personally I still like selecting to play immediately and only want to see an info screen if I press info.

Apologies if I miss understood bits here

xnappo

Nope - just explaining that having a rotating disc with the 'new' XBMB3C info screen with Aeon Nox is possible.  That is all...

Would be good to fix the 'old' info screen too.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

dark_slayer

You learn a lot talking to users.

As a software engineer, in my day job I don't interact with end users much but every now and then a PM will come to me and say the users really want a dancing hot dog on the second screen to show if the settings are correct (just an example), at that point I laugh my ass off and look them directly in the eye and ask if they are serious, usually the answer is yes.

After all the data modelling, api interfaces, storage mechanisms you build with so much though and it can come down to a dancing hot dog weather a user is happy or not with your project blows my mind, it always has and always will.

I guess that is why it is so important to use the MVC approach in projects.

This is from my existing xbmc mysql library

CNWVGOb.jpg?1

Api7PA7.jpg?1

dark_slayer

In a more general sense, can anyone technically explain why resume is required (but dumb it down so that I can understand) for xbmb3c playback to work?

im85288

That's a new one for me, where do you need to set resume for playback to work?

And the show info screenshots you posted have only been "skinned" for confluence. Personally I would like to use the standard dialog (as in your first screenshot) but we have an issue with the play button...unless xnappo fixed it?

Edited by im85288

dark_slayer

That's a new one for me, where do you need to set resume for playback to work?

And the show info screenshots you posted have only been "skinned" for confluence. Personally I would like to use the standard dialog (as in your first screenshot) but we have an issue with the play button...unless xnappo fixed it?

Settings->Video->File Lists->Default Select Action  -  I can't get playback to work without it set to resume. That's why I posted the logs in the first page of this thread, since playback actually does begin when the default action is "Play" but an error pops up over the playing video. If you acknowledge the error playback stops, and if you don't acknowledge it then you have an error dialog on top of your video :) This is the same behavior as selecting play from the builtin show info. Only when you have a default select action of "resume" does it work

What I struggle with, is that I only know that correlation (of file list "select action" behavior) from correlative testing. I don't understand the underlying reason

Also, the built-in dialog looks the same in Confluence as it does in Nox. I installed confluence xbmb3c just to confirm that it has the same initial transparency (for a couple seconds) and what appears to be a size of 80% of full screen

im85288

Very strange, I do have it set to "resume" but that was to stop two dialogs appearing when resuming play. I thought your report here was only to do with pressing the play button on the info screen where we acknowledged an error. I cannot look at this for another week as I'm sunning it up in Spain..but if it still is open when I get back I'll do some more investigating. I plan to add trailer support so the first thing to be resolved is why the play button from the standard info screen fails to play the item.

I know @@xnappo started looking into this so hopefully he found a solution.

As for the "show info" dialog, each skin would need to create their own version..so for me that would mean one for xperience1080++, Aeon MQ5, Eminence and Equilibrium which I do not want to do if I can get the standard info dialog to work correctly instead. I like the select action to immediately play rather than showing an info dialog

xnappo

The reason the XBMB3C built-in dialog looks the same is because I didn't skin it - I *could* skin it and make it look just like the Nox XBMC native dialog.

As to why this is happening.. Any time you start an Add-On XBMC thinks that the end result of that add-on should be that something starts to play.  When we hit the 'Play' button, it is calling our code which has a custom Play(which XBMC doesn't know).  When that playback starts, in the background the 'Info' screen is closing and then passing the directory back to the XBMC player as something to play - which it can't - and this causes the error.

I have found a few work-arounds, but unfortunately they all have unacceptable consequences so for.

@ - what did you mean when you said the native Info screens were hard-coded and couldn't be modified?

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

So I found what needs to be done, let's discuss the best way.

XBMC has built in 'on click' actions for several control ids:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=List_of_Built_In_Controls#DialogVideoInfo.xml

They don't do what we need.

So, in the skins DialogVideoInfo.xml we need to replace control '8' with a custom control.

I tried something like this:

<control type="button" id="1313">
                        <label>$VAR[DialogVideoInfoButtonLabelVar]</label>
                        <include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
                        <onclick>$INFO[Window(home).Property("MB3.Background.Global.FanArt.Action")]</onclick>
                        <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                    </control>

And that works - but obviously it plays whatever the global fanart currently is.  I tried using 'ListItem' but it seems it is not valid once in the info screen.

So - easiest thing to do is add the action URL to a new window property just like 'Plot'.

Sound like the way to go?

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

im85288

Sounds like a good plan to me, and I'll do something similar for the trailers as it seems to be mapped to control id '11'

Good find :)

xnappo

Okay, implemented.

@@dark_slayer - please replace (use right-click save-as):

skin.aeon.nox.gotham.xbmb3c\1080i\DialogVideoInfo.xml

with this one:

https://github.com/xnappo/aeonnox.xbmb3c/raw/master/1080i/DialogVideoInfo.xml

and

plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\BackgroundLoader.py

with this one:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.XBMC/raw/master/resources/lib/BackgroundLoader.py

Test and let me know..

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

dark_slayer

Okay, implemented.

@@dark_slayer - please replace (use right-click save-as):

skin.aeon.nox.gotham.xbmb3c\1080i\DialogVideoInfo.xml

with this one:

https://github.com/xnappo/aeonnox.xbmb3c/raw/master/1080i/DialogVideoInfo.xml

and

plugin.video.xbmb3c\resources\lib\BackgroundLoader.py

with this one:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.XBMC/raw/master/resources/lib/BackgroundLoader.py

Test and let me know..

xnappo

That worked nicely, just have to set both xbmc and xbmb3c to show info

Very cool

xnappo

Actually you should NOT have xbmb3c set to show info...

Now we can add trailers too.. Probably remove the resume button as it will ask if you want to resume.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

dark_slayer

Sorry, I guess for the record it works both ways. It may have needed a reboot the first time (which I only did after enabling "info" from xbmb3c)

Big Thanks  :)

Nice having the info screen back. I don't have the resume button at first glance, but IIRC it is contextual . . . it should only appear if the video you select has a resume point (I think)

• 2 months later...
dark_slayer

I didn't remove this, but I uninstalled the repo and installed the beta repo

Am I still the only one using the built-in show info screen? :)

It works great on movies, but it fails on TV shows for some reason

dark_slayer

Which one, the one XBMC offers or the one the XBMB3C addon offers?

If it is the XBMB3C addon one then there was a bug that should be fixed in the beta build.

built-in XBMC