Blackscreen For Photo Slideshow

TomabScblieter
Go to solution Solved by naruko,

TomabScblieter

I've been trying to figure this one out for a few days.

On PC, I am able to reproduce this problem on Edge and Chrome (Version 88.0.4324.182).  While viewing a photo library and clicking on a photo the first image is always displayed crystal clear.  A slideshow immediately begins by cycling through other photos in the same collection, however these photos either load extremely blurry or a solid black screen is displayed.  I am accessing the server locally.  I can neither reproduce the problem on my Android phone in Chrome nor in the Android app; those work great.

The browser console shows only a single error, sometimes repeating it as it "loads" a new image, but it also shows that error when viewing video so I find it unlikely it is related:

WebSocket connection to 'wss:// [URL REDACTED] /socket?api_key=dd7d75938de748b6bf33562f913b2719&deviceId=a550e980-5c77-43a2-8f2d-e5f62e0e1153' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 404

I'm running Emby Version 4.5.4.0 running as a plugin in a FreeNAS jail.  Videos of all types run and load nicely.

I've attached some examples below:

Photo1 shows a nice clear image, Photo2 shows the black screen that inevitably follows.  Photo3 shows another image I clicked on (clear).  Photo4 shows what happens when I click on the previous photo and scroll over to it (loads blurry).

I have my log files, but I'm not comfortable posting them publicly.  I can send them to a developer if that would help.  Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Photo1.png

Photo2.png

Photo3.png

Photo4.png

TomabScblieter

Luke,

Thanks for your speedy reply.  I've sent you a private message containing the requested logs and linked this post in the message.

TomabScblieter

Any indication what might cause this?  Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with the photo slideshow feature?

• Solution
naruko

Hello. I can only read and write in Japanese, so please allow me to post a translation from Japanese to English on Google's translation service. The symptoms reported by Tomab Scblieter have been reproduced exactly the same in my environment for some time. However, as of today, the symptoms have improved, so let me know. I mainly use Edge (chromium) and Google chrome as browsers in Windows 10 pro (64bit-1904 2.844) environment. Each is a 64-bit version. At some point, as the browser version was updated, the above symptoms began to appear. This was reproduced in Edge, Chrome, and Opera browsers. Only Firefox was able to display the photos as clearly as expected while the previous three browsers displayed the photos in a blurry or blackout. The most recent version of Chrome that was blurry was 88.0.4324.190. Now, updating Edge and chrome respectively and using Edge (89.0.774.45) and chrome (89.0.4389.82), the blurring and blackout symptoms reported by Tomab Scblieter who bothered me have improved. ..

こんにちは。私は日本語しか読み書きができないので、Googleの翻訳サービスで日本語から英語に翻訳したものを載せていることを許してください。
TomabScblieter氏によって報告された症状は、私の環境でもしばらくの間、全く同じに再現されていました。
しかし、今日現在その症状が改善されたので、お知らせします。
私は主にWindows10pro(64bitー19042.844)環境でブラウザにEdge(chromium)とGooglechromeを使っています。それぞれ64bitバージョンです。
ある時期ブラウザのバージョンがアップデートされたことに伴い、上記の症状が出始めました。これは、Edge,Chrome,Operaのブラウザで再現されていました。
Firefoxだけは、前3つのブラウザが写真を不鮮明に表示または、ブラックアウトに表示される中、期待通りの鮮明な表示ができました。
不鮮明に表示されたChromeの直近のバージョンは、88.0.4324.190でした。
今、Edge,chromeをそれぞれアップデートし、Edge(89.0.774.45),chrome(89.0.4389.82)を使う中で、私を悩ませたTomabScblieter氏が報告された不鮮明とブラックアウトの症状は改善されました

TomabScblieter

I was under the impression I was running the most recent version of Chrome, however upon closer inspection I was running Version 88.0.4324.190 (Official Build) (64-bit) on my Windows 10 machine.  Upon updating to Version 89.0.4389.82 (Official Build) (64-bit) the problem no longer presents itself.  Thanks naruko for the information!  I am now enjoying a slideshow of some 35k family photos.  The images are sharp and clear!