Jump to content

Samsung 2.2.8 and black lines are removed


Recommended Posts

LeidenSpain

Hi,

 

I have updated my Samsung F series to version 2.2.8 (latest and discontinued), and now the black lines are not shown, and the image is stretched

That is, instead of seeing a circle (or Universal's globe), I see an ellipse, and the figures of all the people stretched

 

before with version 2.2.6a it didn't happen to me.

Is there anything I can do?
Now emby is practically useless to me

 

Regards

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeidenSpain

this is how it looks on TV Samsung F7000 (wrong)

IMG_20210220_091107.thumb.jpg.90100dd4462c168b33ed711b6c179148.jpg

 

this is how it looks on the computer with a browser (good)

IMG_20210220_090946.thumb.jpg.fdd04eda16542f2d0373bda00aefa374.jpg

 

You can see that the top and bottom black lines are missing, and the figure is stretched

Link to post
Share on other sites
SamES
11 hours ago, LeidenSpai said:

I have updated my Samsung F series to version 2.2.8 (latest and discontinued), and now the black lines are not shown, and the image is stretched

That is, instead of seeing a circle (or Universal's globe), I see an ellipse, and the figures of all the people stretched

 

before with version 2.2.6a it didn't happen to me.

Not really many differences between these two versions Comparing 2.2.6a...2.2.8 · MediaBrowser/SamsungSmartTV (github.com)

Nothing that should effect aspect ratio

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeidenSpain

Still is an option in the player to adjust the ratio, but I have not found anything about it.

I've also thought of a TV option, but before updating it looked good, then it looks stretched.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeidenSpain

OK, thanks for answering.
I can only delete my emby from the television and try again

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeidenSpain

Hi,

nothing, deleted the application, reinstalled and exactly the same thing happens: image fills the entire screen

I imagine there is no possibility to load an older version, right?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SamES

Out of curiosity, does the log on the client say why it is transcoding?

Link to post
Share on other sites
SamES

Actually, it looks like you have a 10mbit maximum rate set in the client or on the server.  Can you try and remove that?

I'm interested to know if the aspect ratio is incorrect if it DirectPlays?

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeidenSpain
7 hours ago, SamES said:

Out of curiosity, does the log on the client say why it is transcoding?

it is direct play.
It is indicated by both the server and the client

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeidenSpain
7 hours ago, SamES said:

En realidad, parece que tiene una velocidad máxima de 10mbit establecida en el cliente o en el servidor. ¿Puedes intentar eliminar eso?

Me interesa saber si la relación de aspecto es incorrecta si es DirectPlays.

ok, when the family lets me leave them without TV, I do the test

 

Where can i find that limit?
In all the options I have looked at, none of them talk about 10mbit

Edited by LeidenSpai
Link to post
Share on other sites
SamES
On 20/02/2021 at 19:47, LeidenSpai said:

 

But playback at 09:11:07 was Transcoded? Correct?

09:11:05.375 frame=13064 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  259072kB time=00:09:04.66 bitrate=3907.3kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:05.906 frame=13087 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  259840kB time=00:09:05.53 bitrate=3912.7kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:06.415 frame=13112 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  260608kB time=00:09:06.74 bitrate=3915.5kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
>> ThrottleBySegmentRequest: Latest request position unknown
09:11:06.942 frame=13138 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  261632kB time=00:09:07.61 bitrate=3924.6kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:07.430 frame=13163 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  262144kB time=00:09:08.76 bitrate=3924.0kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:07.956 frame=13190 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  262912kB time=00:09:09.78 bitrate=3928.2kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:08.481 frame=13218 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  263424kB time=00:09:11.22 bitrate=3925.5kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
>> ThrottleBySegmentRequest: Latest request position unknown
09:11:08.980 frame=13245 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  263936kB time=00:09:12.25 bitrate=3925.8kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:09.473 frame=13271 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  264704kB time=00:09:13.27 bitrate=3930.0kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:10.000 frame=13293 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  264960kB time=00:09:14.36 bitrate=3926.0kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:10.480 frame=13314 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  265472kB time=00:09:15.25 bitrate=3927.2kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.28x    
>> ThrottleBySegmentRequest: Latest request position unknown
09:11:10.998 frame=13340 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  265984kB time=00:09:16.25 bitrate=3927.8kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.28x    
09:11:11.531 frame=13365 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  266752kB time=00:09:17.14 bitrate=3932.8kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.28x    
09:11:12.029 frame=13393 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  267264kB time=00:09:18.26 bitrate=3932.4kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.28x    
09:11:12.523 frame=13417 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  267520kB time=00:09:19.32 bitrate=3928.7kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.28x  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeidenSpain
12 minutes ago, SamES said:

 

But playback at 09:11:07 was Transcoded? Correct?


09:11:05.375 frame=13064 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  259072kB time=00:09:04.66 bitrate=3907.3kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:05.906 frame=13087 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  259840kB time=00:09:05.53 bitrate=3912.7kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:06.415 frame=13112 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  260608kB time=00:09:06.74 bitrate=3915.5kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
>> ThrottleBySegmentRequest: Latest request position unknown
09:11:06.942 frame=13138 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  261632kB time=00:09:07.61 bitrate=3924.6kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:07.430 frame=13163 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  262144kB time=00:09:08.76 bitrate=3924.0kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:07.956 frame=13190 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  262912kB time=00:09:09.78 bitrate=3928.2kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:08.481 frame=13218 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  263424kB time=00:09:11.22 bitrate=3925.5kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
>> ThrottleBySegmentRequest: Latest request position unknown
09:11:08.980 frame=13245 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  263936kB time=00:09:12.25 bitrate=3925.8kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:09.473 frame=13271 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  264704kB time=00:09:13.27 bitrate=3930.0kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:10.000 frame=13293 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  264960kB time=00:09:14.36 bitrate=3926.0kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.29x    
09:11:10.480 frame=13314 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  265472kB time=00:09:15.25 bitrate=3927.2kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.28x    
>> ThrottleBySegmentRequest: Latest request position unknown
09:11:10.998 frame=13340 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  265984kB time=00:09:16.25 bitrate=3927.8kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.28x    
09:11:11.531 frame=13365 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  266752kB time=00:09:17.14 bitrate=3932.8kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.28x    
09:11:12.029 frame=13393 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  267264kB time=00:09:18.26 bitrate=3932.4kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.28x    
09:11:12.523 frame=13417 fps= 55 q=28.0 size=  267520kB time=00:09:19.32 bitrate=3928.7kbits/s throttle=off speed=2.28x  

 

Well, something strange is happening

The TV info (transcode), you can see the oval logo:

IMG_20210227_114113.thumb.jpg.2bd4f5b23145ecec4461832e823d5166.jpg

IMG_20210227_114138.thumb.jpg.c7ed7196a0fcde00b2a4aa2b395337ff.jpg

 

 

Info server (direct streaming):

1233716776_Capturadepantalla2021-02-27114425.jpg.0997313097d40519e365abe72c108673.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SamES

The legacy app that you are using doesn't use the server for managing the how transcoding and remuxing is performed, it is done manually on the client.  For this reason I expect that the server is incorrectly reporting DirectStream.

If you check in the Log option on the client (from the top menu) it should give you enough info to determine why it is transcoding

Link to post
Share on other sites
LeidenSpain
5 minutes ago, SamES said:

The legacy app that you are using doesn't use the server for managing the how transcoding and remuxing is performed, it is done manually on the client.  For this reason I expect that the server is incorrectly reporting DirectStream.

If you check in the Log option on the client (from the top menu) it should give you enough info to determine why it is transcoding

I don't know how to see the reason

IMG_20210227_130431.thumb.jpg.5931c2fd6b3a1bdba7bffe4b14d311e8.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
SamES
2 hours ago, LeidenSpai said:

Where can i find that limit?
In all the options I have looked at, none of them talk about 10mbit

Just check the playback settings on the client.  I think that's the only settings it will care about

 

Check Max Bitrate: in the TV setting menu

Link to post
Share on other sites
SamES
2 minutes ago, LeidenSpai said:

I don't know how to see the reason

Scroll up through the log.  Even provide a few screenshots.  You will see it check each codec type, but I'm certain it is the bitrate in TV settings, just left of the Log setting in your image

 

Edited by SamES
Link to post
Share on other sites
LeidenSpain
8 minutes ago, SamES said:

Scroll up through the log.  Even provide a few screenshots.  You will see it check each codec type, but I'm certain it is the bitrate in TV settings, just left of the Log setting in your image

 

Before playing the video I have cleared the log so that is all there is to it.

The max "BITRATE" 🤣 from the TV is set to 60Mb/s

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
LeidenSpain

Hello,

Have you been able to look at some of this problem? Or do I have to go thinking about changing television? 😅
The bad news would be to go back to 2.2.6a, which worked for me without this problem

Greetings, and thanks for your work

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SamES

OK, I think I have one idea.  Let me try tomorrow and see

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
LeidenSpain
9 minutes ago, SamES said:

OK, I think I have one idea.  Let me try tomorrow and see

thanks

Or if you want me to try 2.2.7 I have no problems 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...