Breeze Theme keeps crashing Media Browser Classic every time a show / movie finishes

gdundan
Go to solution Solved by leedavies,

gdundan

Hi,

Firstly, I'll take the opportunity to thank LeeDavies for his great add-ons.  I've been using Breeze for many years over the different versions. The family and I love them!  Now onto my issue.

Since a Browser Classic update a few months ago,  Breeze and Crystal both have an annoying bug / issue preventing me from using them.  When ever a TV show or Movie finishes (end of show), Media Browser crashes with the following error:

Program Not Responding.  The media browser 3 program has stopped responding and you will be returned to Windows Media Center.

This error does not occur when using Chocolate or the default theme.  Only on the Breeze and Crystal themes (I don't have ROC or Aztec registered).

Is there a fix for this?  I'm running the latest version 1.2.2.0. and the latest version of Media Center Classic and Media Center Server.  Restarting Media Browser after watching a show is painful and not viable, hence I'm back to Chocolate for now.

Thanks!

gDunDan.

• Solution
leedavies

Hi,

Firstly, I'll take the opportunity to thank LeeDavies for his great add-ons.  I've been using Breeze for many years over the different versions. The family and I love them!  Now onto my issue.

Since a Browser Classic update a few months ago,  Breeze and Crystal both have an annoying bug / issue preventing me from using them.  When ever a TV show or Movie finishes (end of show), Media Browser crashes with the following error:

Program Not Responding.  The media browser 3 program has stopped responding and you will be returned to Windows Media Center.

This error does not occur when using Chocolate or the default theme.  Only on the Breeze and Crystal themes (I don't have ROC or Aztec registered).

Is there a fix for this?  I'm running the latest version 1.2.2.0. and the latest version of Media Center Classic and Media Center Server.  Restarting Media Browser after watching a show is painful and not viable, hence I'm back to Chocolate for now.

Thanks!

gDunDan.

Hi.  thanks for the feedback.  And sorry you're hitting this issue.

There's a strange issue that comes up if you use the new player UI in MBC and it's only been reported when using one of my themes.  If you turn off the new player UI (in the MBC options), you don't get the post-playback crash.

Eric has investigated, I've investigated, a few folks on the forums have reported the issue and the strange thing is there's normally no error logged about what crashed and nothing in the MBC log or Windows Event log that's helpful.  Until we've got a fix, the short-term solution is to turn off the new player UI in MBC.

I'm trying different versions of my themes on my development system to try and find the cause.  It's a bit baffling right now.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Hi,

Thanks!

gDunDan.

Are you running MBC 1.0.196.

I bet you've updated the server and not MBC.  you need to do this as the server changes broke MBC.  1.0.196 fixes this.

• Like 1

gdundan

Thanks Lee.  The work-around you mentioned works fine (unticking "Use Custom Player Interface" option).

Thanks for the quick response.

Edited by gdundan

gdundan

I bet you've updated the server and not MBC.  you need to do this as the server changes broke MBC.  1.0.196 fixes this.

Hey Cheese,

I checked and Classic reports to be running the latest version already (V 3.0.196.0 7-19.1).  I've been getting this issue for the last few versions of MB Server and MB Classic.  For now, I'll use Lee's work around of de-selecting "Use Custom Player Interface" under MB classic viewer options.

If and when a long term fix is found for the bug, I'll re-enable them.

Cheers.

Edited by gdundan

leedavies

This issue is NOT fixed.  It's a current issue and has been since the new player UI was introduced.

Cheesegeezer

This issue is NOT fixed.  It's a current issue and has been since the new player UI was introduced.

Well I was only trying to be helpful!!!

PMT!!

Dibbes

Just FYI, it also happens when using an external player, like VLC (2.0.8), though not at the end of the movie/show, but after about 2min or so.