Emby for Tizen 1.0.91 has problem with SRT

kyrios

TV Model : 49Q70R

Emby Server : emby-server-synology_4.6.0.22_x86_64.spk (DS918+)

Emby Client : Tizen 1.0.91

Problem :

1. TV series has embedded subrip, I add external .SRT, and Tizen always prefer to play the embedded subrip, ignoring my preferences of external SRT.

2. Another problem with SRT file. With movies with external SRT.

00:05:43,377 --> 00:05:45,421
- Hei, happy birthday
- Thank you

Will be shown in Samsung TV like this

- Hei, happy birthday - Thank you

Why it transale the new line char (OD 0A) as space char

Edited by kyrios

ignoring my preferences of external SRT.

Hi, we don't have any preference to ignore external. We only have language preferences. What exactly do you mean here?

12 hours ago, kyrios said:

TV series has embedded subrip, I add external .SRT, and Tizen always prefer to play the embedded subrip, ignoring my preferences of external SRT

What is the playback mode?  DirectStream or DirectPlay?  We still have an issue I need to get on top of when DirectStream is used as it can sometimes select the wrong subtitles stream when a user selection is made.

15 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, we don't have any preference to ignore external. We only have language preferences. What exactly do you mean here?

Emby server (DS918+)

Server.thumb.jpg.6a3c53992cf1137889f51ca3024ee013.jpg

Emby Client (Samsung Tizen)

client.thumb.jpg.dfd6a7f7cecf24ca76dfaba39972d0f5.jpg

In Tizen it shall play the external SRT (indonesia SRT). But instead it play the embedded english subrip, not the embedded french subrip nor the external SRT.

I tried in Tizen client to use the french subRIP, but always play the embedded english subRIP.

The problem does not occur on web client (browser) nor the android client. Only at Tizen client

Edited by kyrios

13 hours ago, SamES said:

What is the playback mode?  DirectStream or DirectPlay?  We still have an issue I need to get on top of when DirectStream is used as it can sometimes select the wrong subtitles stream when a user selection is made.

directstream.jpg.821ccb0a28c762e2a797ce9cb0ba70c4.jpg

FrostByte
3 hours ago, fugitivo33 said:

buenas pregunto donde as descargado esa version de emby Emby para Tizen 1.0.91  es que esa version  no la encuentro gracias ??

I gave you the link in your other post.  Please check there

21 minutes ago, kyrios said:

directstream.jpg.821ccb0a28c762e2a797ce9cb0ba70c4.jpg

OK, then this is a known issue related to DirectStreaming.  I hope to have this resolved soon

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SamES said:

OK, then this is a known issue related to DirectStreaming.  I hope to have this resolved soon

How about the 2nd problem?

new line char in SRT file replace it by space char. It does happen with direct play

Edited by kyrios

56 minutes ago, kyrios said:

How about the 2nd problem?

new line char in SRT file replace it by space char. It does happen with direct play

I'll have a look

i have same problem whenever there is transcode need cause of dts audio i tv ignores my subs it plays only embeddes subs...

samsung q60r with newest version of emby ...

9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, we're happy to help. Please see how to report a media playback issue. thanks.

It is the same problem as the author of this post explained every time server is direct streaming this behaviour happens...

samsung 55q65R 1374.0

emby client 1.0.91

server Version 4.6.0.26 beta

So whenever there is video file that is only with dts audio and embedded subs, choosing externals subs doesnt do anything emby forces embeded subs...

8 hours ago, hare89 said:

It is the same problem as the author of this post explained every time server is direct streaming this behaviour happens...

samsung 55q65R 1374.0

emby client 1.0.91

server Version 4.6.0.26 beta

So whenever there is video file that is only with dts audio and embedded subs, choosing externals subs doesnt do anything emby forces embeded subs...

Hi there, nonetheless, please provide the requested information. Thanks.

Hi, so i choose external sub that i manually download and select it in emby app und(srt) but app forces embeded subs...

This problem only occurs i think when there is only dts audio and server needs to transcode audio cause samsung tv doesnt support dts...

Here are the logs...

ffmpeg-remux-5aa1796e-49dd-4162-a985-6846792ebe88_1.txt embyserver.txt

On 2/20/2021 at 12:57 PM, hare89 said:

Hi, so i choose external sub that i manually download and select it in emby app und(srt) but app forces embeded subs...

This problem only occurs i think when there is only dts audio and server needs to transcode audio cause samsung tv doesnt support dts...

Here are the logs...

ffmpeg-remux-5aa1796e-49dd-4162-a985-6846792ebe88_1.txt 127.54 kB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 280.24 kB · 0 downloads

@SamES

On 21/02/2021 at 04:57, hare89 said:

Here are the logs...

The logs were helpful and I've tested this using a file with pretty much the same stream formats.  However, I can't reproduce the issue.

Can you please clarify something?  What do you mean by this statement 'but app forces embeded subs.'?  Do mean that it plays the wrong subtitle track when you select it during playback, or do you mean something else?

Can you please select this mobvie on the server and 'Refresh Metadata' then select 'Replace all meta data' .  Please try the file again on the TV and check again whether each subtitle is selected correctly.

9 hours ago, SamES said:

The logs were helpful and I've tested this using a file with pretty much the same stream formats.  However, I can't reproduce the issue.

Can you please clarify something?  What do you mean by this statement 'but app forces embeded subs.'?  Do mean that it plays the wrong subtitle track when you select it during playback, or do you mean something else?

Can you please select this mobvie on the server and 'Refresh Metadata' then select 'Replace all meta data' .  Please try the file again on the TV and check again whether each subtitle is selected correctly.

Hi, first i tried with refresh metadata and then replace all meta data and nothing changes same problem.

And yes you got it right whenever and yes whenever not just this movie there is dts audio in play cause of transcode , if i choose externals subs that emby downloaded or i manually download and put in the folder, server ignores that and plays movie with embedded subs , i even tried starting movie with embeded sub and pausing and switching to external subs and server again turns off completely sub or just plays again with embedded sub.

And one thing more this same movie is playing perfectly fine with externals subs from this emby server on both web client localy and even on android mobile app , only problem is damn samsung tv :(

Latest file that i tried with dts audio was transcode , but i was getting same issue even on direct stream...

Well same problem explained @kyrios , its completely same problem and we both have tvs from samsung 2019 year..

So its not something only one guy experiences...

3 hours ago, hare89 said:

So its not something only one guy experiences...

I absolutely agree, but it’s hard to resolve if I can’t reproduce it.   

For those that have this problem, can you please just quickly post your TV year and Model so we can try and see if this is only impacting specific years. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
izzy198888
On 2/27/2021 at 2:30 AM, SamES said:

I absolutely agree, but it’s hard to resolve if I can’t reproduce it.

For those that have this problem, can you please just quickly post your TV year and Model so we can try and see if this is only impacting specific years. Thanks

My TV model is Samsung Q80T (2020), bought a month ago new from the store. When I play a video with that has DTS audio, Emby always shows the embeded/english subtitle. Even if a external subtitle in another language is selected.