show audio format/quality?

Jägs

My apologies if this has already been requested, but it would be great if—like videos—we could see the format and quality of audio files.  I've recently migrated from Subsonic, and it provides this information (see attached image).

Some reasons why you might want to see this:

• When manually "deduplicating" it's nice to know the quality or the format (e.g., FLAC vs. MP3) to ensure you delete the correct file.
  • Thanks to Spotify/Tidal/(insert you favorite streaming service here), I've been purchasing lots of used cheap CDs.  I have a *huge* music collection, so in addition to checking to make sure I don't already have an album, it's nice to know the format in case I purchased a lossy version back in the day.  Ditto for compilations.
  • For the same reason above, when creating playlists, I prefer to add the highest quality song—eventually I'll deduplicate my collection, so I want to make sure I don't remove the version in the playlist.

NOTE:  if this has already been requested, kindly point me to the post and I'll "like" it.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 20.11.41.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 years later...
seanbuff
21 minutes ago, rav302953 said:

Hi

When will this feature be added?

Thanks

Hi, table view has been available for a while now 

Have you explored the '...' menu and changed view?

seanbuff

Well that's because you were incorrectly linked here when in fact your original request was slightly different to this OPs request (which has now been implemented)

Both are requesting to show the audio format and quality.

The problem with displaying it in the place indicated above is that is an album which could contain multiple different formats and qualities of individual songs in the album.  So, the quality needs to be shown at the individual song level.

• Like 1