Emby Theater Full Screen

bling26

Can you try shutting down the app, then deleting the windowstate.json file, and then seeing if there's still an issue after that? Thanks.

Info1
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you try shutting down the app, then deleting the windowstate.json file, and then seeing if there's still an issue after that? Thanks.

Good morning, i stopped the service, deleted the windowstsate.json, started the service and EMBY opened a small screen. I maximized then closed EMBY and on the next session it was back to the same screen behavior of not going full screen,

Thanks

m

bling26
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Yeah, the issue remains after completing the requested steps. I will say that every once in a while it opens up correctly at random but I am unable to repeat at will. Every time it does, I get a little excited thinking it is fixed LOL.

Info1
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you please try this version and let me know if it resolves it for you?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1g96yalvuqmne6/embytheater.zip?dl=0

You can test it standalone portable without disrupting your current installation. Thanks.

Hi Luke, I uncompressed this version and logged into my server. Play a movie full screen then exited and ran it again. Same issue with space to the right and bottom.

Regards,

m

20 minutes ago, Info1 said:

Hi Luke, I uncompressed this version and logged into my server. Play a movie full screen then exited and ran it again. Same issue with space to the right and bottom.

Regards,

m

What are the steps to reproduce?

Info1
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

What are the steps to reproduce?

For me:

Open EMBY Theatre 

Select movie and play

Select full screen box on top right corner.

Exit EMBY 

Restart EMBY Theatre

Select movie and note the screen is not full screen. Empty space to the right and bottom.

m

porkbone

Been following this since I am seeing this one only one machine. I just went into my display settings for my user in the emby server and changed my display mode from Auto to TV. started ET and now full screen even after playing a video. I tried to recreate it by turning Auto mode back on and it was still full screen - so it's fixed for me but I don't know why :)

17 minutes ago, porkbone said:

Been following this since I am seeing this one only one machine. I just went into my display settings for my user in the emby server and changed my display mode from Auto to TV. started ET and now full screen even after playing a video. I tried to recreate it by turning Auto mode back on and it was still full screen - so it's fixed for me but I don't know why :)

HI, is that using the test build I posted, or no?

Info1
19 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, is that using the test build I posted, or no?

Thanks Porkbone this did not resolve the issue for me.

Luke, I tested the current build and i was set to TV, change to Auto set to full screen exit then restarted EMBY issue persisted.

Test the test build and noted it was set to Auto in Display, set to TV, full screen and exit. When i returned issue persisted so I tried Auto same issue.

Thanks

Mark

porkbone

Not using the test build - also reporting back that it has returned. Sorry to waste your time.

I am able to reproduce it though - after starting ET (showing the screen behind on the lower and right side of the screen. If I maximize by clicking the the maximize button it fills the screen. If I minimize the screen to the taskbar then click on it to maximize again, the edges are back and have to click the maximize button again to fill the screen. I have tried all the previous solutions above with out a fix.

RanmaCanada

Are all of us experiencing this using TV's?  I am.  It will happen randomly, and sometimes closing the app and reopening it fixes the issue.  Other times I need to reboot.  I am also not using the test build.

bling26
12 hours ago, RanmaCanada said:

Are all of us experiencing this using TV's?  I am.  It will happen randomly, and sometimes closing the app and reopening it fixes the issue.  Other times I need to reboot.  I am also not using the test build.

My issue only seems to happen with my TV but it has become more random now which is weird. I have also changed my settings from auto to TV with no change.

Info1
23 hours ago, RanmaCanada said:

I believe this is the case. I have an Intel NUC that runs EMBY Windows Server and EMBY Windows Theatre that displays on an LG 65" panel.

m

1 hour ago, Info1 said:

Luke, sorry for the delay. 

This build works fine, the full screen issue appears to be resolved in this version.

Should I use this or the fix will be rolled into the next general release?

Thanks

Mark

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be publishing a 3.0.15 update very soon.

• Like 2

bling26
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be publishing a 3.0.15 update very soon.

I am kind of curios what the core issue is. I used Windows 10 tablet mode so everything defaults to full screen which is perfect for the TV and yet this was happening so it really through me off. 

It was a regression created in the 3.0.14 release but as it didn't occur on all systems it was difficult to chase down.

• Like 1

bling26
On 3/29/2021 at 10:30 PM, Luke said:

It was a regression created in the 3.0.14 release but as it didn't occur on all systems it was difficult to chase down.

Ah, makes sense, well thanks a lot, and thanks for the great product!