Channels not playing in web client or MB Classic

newfiend

newfiend

ok I've searched and can't find the answer.. so I hope someone can help.

I updated to the latest stable release of MB Server but now my channels aren't playing in the web browser or in MB Classic. In the web browser it keeps prompting me to install WebM which is already installed.They were working on the previous server build. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Im having similar issue. Keeps asking for WebM install but repeated install does not help streamed videos to play.  related to this on some videos the stream will start fine but after roughly 15 to 20 secs the video will begin to stutter then slowly degrade to stop where I get a video error or just black screen where the video has to restart. Behavior repeats.  Behavior is only exhibited on some of the web stream channels (not all).  I can go to the sponsored web stream page directly and have none of these problems so evidently it isn't the stream itself or my hardware/encoding scheme just seems to be a MB3 pass through issue.

I'm using IE11 if that makes a difference.  I know IE11 still has problems with playing live TV and I get a video error doing that as well so I don't know if these things are related.  Any help would be appreciated.  Let me know what logs you need to try and help troubleshoot.

newfiend

Thanks for posting, glad its not only me having the issue. I tried reinstalling WebM as well as Media Browser Server and associated channel plugins and I still have the issue, checked IE settings as well as firewall all the way down to forwarded router ports.. I wasn't able to determine the problem. The rest of MB3 works fine I can play, stream my content w/o issue its just the channels giving me the same errors/problems you listed above, some play for a bit then tank .. But most won't play at all and I get a black screen.. If logs are needed here let me know as well and I'll get them posted.

newfiend

Forgot to mention I am also on ie11, I don't think that's the issue though because the channels worked perfectly with the previous server build for me in MB Classic. Possibly a server issue??..

AlwinHummels

I've got the same issue on FireFox 31 and Chromium Canary (64bit) the only channels that plays well are the trailer channel but his gives me only 7 trailers and cnet.

Edited by AlwinHummels

The Baron

I have a similar issue on my main machine, it seems to be that something on that particular PC is blocking the content from playing. Strangely, the issue is not replicated on another system.

Out of interest, if another system is used, laptop or table for example, do the Channel contents then play?

newfiend

I'm not sure what is causing this issue. I have even gone as far as removing MB Server completely including all cache files etc. and reinstalling from scratch, setting up MB3 again, reinstalling all plugins and it still isn't working. Trying to play the show (Revision 3 plugin) results in a prompt in web browser (ie11) to install WebM which is already installed. Trying to play via MB3 Classic in WMC results in a black screen. The last server release removed the need for one of media browsers ports and now only requires port 8096, I wonder if some of the plugins are still trying to use the old port for streaming??.. l'll see if I can get this looked into with a couple PM's to the coding wizards here.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

What is your server version?

Could you please post your logs?

How to post your logs --> see signature...

• Like 1

newfiend

I have used the latest Stable release as well as the recent beta (currently using Version 3.0.5336.34125 now) and both have this streaming issue for me.. I'm not sure why it keeps prompting for webM reinstall when its already installed. Also using LAV 0.62. if that helps. Thanks for the assist..  :)  

MBClassic-1382014c22d936afb4b41d0b8ff0809f3757081.log

server-63543547663.txt

transcode-e4c6b41b-eaa9-46c0-8f77-92bd760ec650.txt

Edited by newfiend

newfiend

I have a similar issue on my main machine, it seems to be that something on that particular PC is blocking the content from playing. Strangely, the issue is not replicated on another system.

Out of interest, if another system is used, laptop or table for example, do the Channel contents then play?

just tried playing a channel from my tablet, logged into server from web browser and I get the same video error and prompt for webm install..ugh  it loads the channel, displays the thumb nails but clicking play results in the video error and prompt to reinstall webm.

• 2 weeks later...
newfiend

Latest Server and Revision 3 update seems to have fixed the issue for me.. Anyone else confirm this is fixed for them as well? To the Developers .. Thank you! =)

Edited by newfiend
  • Like 1

AlwinHummels

Latest Server and Revision 3 update seems to have fixed the issue for me.. Anyone else confirm this is fixed for them as well? To the Developers .. Thank you! =)

Latest version does indeed work for me too and I too so a thank you to the Developers B)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...