Movie Posters not Right

Doctor Bob
Go to solution Solved by One2Go,

Doctor Bob

4 hours ago, One2Go said:

As a suggestion try to install Throgsoft's Destiny and Maelstrom themes and use Maelstrom for your EHS and see what that does

I tried the Destiny theme and set Maelstrom theme for EHS. No difference, same old generic actor heads.

But your suggestion to run Emby 4.0.1.0 and EMC 317 in a VM sounds like a great way to troubleshoot this issue.

12 hours ago, Doctor Bob said:

why am I seeing actor's images (generic or otherwise) in EMC EHS when I should be seeing movie posters? This only seems to occur in Mixed Content libaries in EMC.

Because it is just an incompatibility issue.  No other Emby app tries to do exactly what EMC is doing in that instance.

Doctor Bob

I installed Emby Server 4.0.1.0 and EMC 3.0.307.0 into a VM and pointed the server to my movie library (library type Mixed Content). EMC Movie EHS look right.

image.thumb.png.ab59464f0b6092248e77de1aeee2a226.png

9 hours ago, ebr said:

Because it is just an incompatibility issue.  No other Emby app tries to do exactly what EMC is doing in that instance.

I guess that spells the end of the road for EMC.

One2Go
1 hour ago, Doctor Bob said:

I installed Emby Server 4.0.1.0 and EMC 3.0.307.0 into a VM and pointed the server to my movie library (library type Mixed Content). EMC Movie EHS look right.

I guess that spells the end of the road for EMC.

The conclusion you came to is also what I came to and it was hinted at by the Devs over the past few years. So stay at a version of the server that works for you, in my case that is 4.0.1.0 however you should use the EMC version 3.0.317 it really is not Beta but is does solve a few issues that 307 has. Then finally that combination should be your final one and now disable updates. Make sure you got the correct plugins that will work with the server version.

In addition what I also have done is once I collected all the metadata that I need and I am happy with it, then click on Edit Metadata on the Movies or TV series top level folders and tick the box "Lock this item to prevent future changes" as I have seen changes that I can't explain how they happened perhaps because of a restart of my QNAP NAS. I know that the metadata was changed through something that the server did, because the images that I created were still in the folder but they were not reflected in the display and all the hand entered meta data for sports events was gone, took me 3 solid days to recover all of it. This is perhaps an error that was corrected in a future server version but by updating to it we mess up our configuration for EMC. Once you learn the few quirks of the early server versions, you deal with them so as to prevent future surprises. Glad you are back to a configuration that makes you happy.