Emby has become Unusable

Acemt

With al due respect to Luke, who as always been helpful. Emby has finally failed me. PLEX is kicking ass.

I cannot even get EMBY to load on my LG tv's any more from my DS918+ servers. I have sent log files in other forums, but no one, including Luke seems to have an answer as to what is happening. EMBY used to be awesome compared to PLEX, but now it seems the opposite is true. Sad

Happy2Play

It is really hard to say without seeing log files.  Can you add me to your conversation with Luke to see if I can see anything in the logs.

What do you mean by cannot get Emby to load on LG TV's?

Is it only a issue on LG, do you have the same issues in a Browser/web client?

I mean "it is painfully slow" It takes 1-2 minutes for icons to load. This was NEVER the case until the last server upgrade. I have always touted you guys as better than PLEX. Lately that is not the case since the last server upgrade. I will post logs again tomorrow, although I have posted them 3 times as of late with no response.

Thanks

Mark 

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, Acemt said:

I mean "it is painfully slow" It takes 1-2 minutes for icons to load. This was NEVER the case until the last server upgrade. I have always touted you guys as better than PLEX. Lately that is not the case since the last server upgrade. I will post logs again tomorrow, although I have posted them 3 times as of late with no response.

Thanks

Mark 

Is it this issue?

slow performance with big libraries - LG Smart TV - Emby Community

Log posted. 

I started EMBY on shield at 1015. immediately clicked on Movie Folder (Thumbnails on main page loaded very slowly)

Took a full minute to go to Movie loading screen. Stayed there for 2 minutes plus with loading circle spinning (no thumbnails). Received a problem connecting to server message at approx 1018.

Logged in with Mac to download logs. Same problem. Very slow to load.

It is not a server connection issue as all other apps, including Plex, work as they should. Hard wired 400 Mbps connection.

embyserver-2.txt

33 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Also slow with the Shield? Have you tried clearing the Emby app cache and data on the Shield?

That would make sense except shield is brand new as of yesterday and it is also slow on computer

Just to confirm, it is NOT possible to go back to an earlier version of the server? I never had problems like these with previous version. Definitely not with version 4.5.2

Q-Droid

Downgrading is usually not supported.

Trying a beta release might be an option for you if the devs think the issue is resolved there. I don't know what beta releases are available for Synology. And if I were to try something like that I would make a system level backup of the Emby data on 4.5.4 to have something to return to in case it doesn't work.

Just for fun, tried to log in on my other TV upstairs. Also connected with Shield. After clicking on Movie folder, and waiting 30 plus seconds I got "volley?? error server.

Unfortunately, it wasn't on screen long enough for me to remember exactly what it said.

Happy2Play

My first guess will all the #recycle folders are killing all of your assigned libraries (will have to look but there are other topics on this)

This error across all libraries

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/Other Videos/#recycle' is denied.

Can you go into emby library setup, and then for each library, disable the realtime monitor. Then please restart emby server and see if that helps. Thanks.

Ok. Did that Luke, but it wasn't the problem. I thought about everything that I have done in the last 2 months that may have caused the slowdown. I finally narrowed it down to adding 2 new folders on the server. One of them was quite large and has almost every picture (some in .nef format) and a lot of gopro .mp4 videos (1,243,454,692,935 bytes (1.24 TB on disk) for 29,952 items). I deleted that folder and everything is back to being zippy again. Not sure why it would work fine on Plex and not on Emby, but it was the cause of the slow down apparently. (turned back on realtime monitoring and still good)

I will report back if something changes, but at least the web browser access to the server and libraries is normal again.

Edited by Acemt

I spoke too soon. Still unusable. Or should I say, super slow again. Click a button, wait a minute or so for a response. Wish I could go back 2 updates where everything was working great.

2 hours ago, Acemt said:

I spoke too soon. Still unusable. Or should I say, super slow again. Click a button, wait a minute or so for a response. Wish I could go back 2 updates where everything was working great.

Can you please attach a new emby server log after doing that? Thanks.

Hi Luke. Sorry. about not including Log. I found that Emby keeps adding the massive folder back upon restart or scan. I have deleted it 3 times and it keeps coming back.

Deleted it again and did rescan, which took 3+ hours for some reason. Rebooted. Now server keeps saying not running when I go into in Synology. Tried to log in via web browser and getting connection failure message.

Painful

embyserver-4.txt

Edited by Acemt

I was able to finally get it to stay deleted after the rescan. It is no longer showing.

Went ahead and disable the real time monitoring again as I saw a lot of errors for that. Will run it again upstairs later and see how it going. 

Seems to be working fine again Luke now that the large folder is not re-appearing. I am keeping Real-time monitoring off since it is working well without it on.

Edited by Acemt