I need some help to translate these jQuery events into pure Javascript:

$('.pluginConfigurationPage').on('pageinit', function() {
  //create other event handlers here
})

$('.pluginConfigurationPage').on('pageshow', function() {
  var page = this;
  loadConfig(page);
})

For "pageinit" i didn't find any pure JS equivalent at all. For "pageshow" i have tried this one:

document.getElementById('pluginConfigurationPage').addEventListener("pageshow", function (event) {
  var page = document.getElementById(event.currentTarget.id);
  loadConfiguration(page);
});

The problem is this only works the first time i visit the plugin config screen.
If i switch to lets say "Logs" and come back, the event isn't fired anymore and i have to refresh the browser page.

This works if you've got your HTML and JS in separate files. It's basically the same with js embedded in the html, but I think you get a 'page' object instead of a 'view':

define(["loading", "emby-input","emby-select"],
function (loading) {
	return function(view) {
		view.addEventListener('viewshow', () => {
			//do stuff
		});
	}
});

For the getElementById, you need to use view.querySelector() instead (or querySelectorAll() when there's more than one element) instead of trying to mess with document.

Someone else will need to explain the whys of it, but basically, there ends up being more than one version of your plugin html in the dom and the only way to reliably target the active one is to always stay withing the page/view object Emby gives you.

but basically, there ends up being more than one version of your plugin html in the dom

Yes if the user navigates away and then comes back, there's two instances now. state is kept in the document for a few views so that when you return everything is restored as it was. So all functions need to be scoped to the current view.

12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes if the user navigates away and then comes back, there's two instances now. state is kept in the document for a few views so that when you return everything is restored as it was. So all functions need to be scoped to the current view.

Thanks for the explanation. I had figured out that it was happening and accepted that it was reality but didn't know the reason.