Sony Bravia A1E

Shindou12

Shindou12

I have a Sony Bravia A1E and have been trying to figure out if I should switch the audio, on movies,  to AC3 or DTS. On the Sony Bravia it always transcodes DTS. I desire for it to direct play which it does with AC3. However, when I change the audio to DTS it always transcodes. I'm looking into purchasing a surround sound system and am curious if the Sony Bravia does not have support for DTS is there a way to get it to play through the surround sound that I will purchase (I know this is a broad question but do not want to change my media to DTS if this will not work). Another point, I have a video file that is DCA 5.1 and it direct plays that file correctly. From what I researched DCA is the same as DTS. Is this correct and if so is there a way to find out why it is direct playing and DTS does not?

raven-au
14 hours ago, Shindou12 said:

I have a Sony Bravia A1E and have been trying to figure out if I should switch the audio, on movies,  to AC3 or DTS. On the Sony Bravia it always transcodes DTS. I desire for it to direct play which it does with AC3. However, when I change the audio to DTS it always transcodes. I'm looking into purchasing a surround sound system and am curious if the Sony Bravia does not have support for DTS is there a way to get it to play through the surround sound that I will purchase (I know this is a broad question but do not want to change my media to DTS if this will not work). Another point, I have a video file that is DCA 5.1 and it direct plays that file correctly. From what I researched DCA is the same as DTS. Is this correct and if so is there a way to find out why it is direct playing and DTS does not?

Generally, the Sony TVs don't send DTS to attached audio equipment.

At least that's been my experience.

I don't know why your DCA gets direct played, perhaps it's because the audio track has been created by an encoder that isn't subject to DTS licensing requirements and the TV sees that.