Jump to content

Question about my network


Watn3y
 Share

Recommended Posts

Watn3y

Hi

I just installed Emby (4.5.4.0) and can't get the identify function to work. It returns a blank page without results.

1284668544_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.f0c145730fd42f01552c4d2964674d1b.png
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My folder Structure is D:\Emby\Anime (Movies)\Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo (2012)\Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo (2012).mkv

Automatic identification seems to work. Also, CanYouSeeMe.org doesn't detect my port yet wich is quite strange since I never had any Issues with Plex.

embyserver.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Watn3y,

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi.  It looks like something is blocking your server from reaching the internet to do the search.

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration? timed out

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watn3y
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  It looks like something is blocking your server from reaching the internet to do the search.


MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration? timed out

 

Huh. Strange. Any Idea what could be causing this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Watn3y said:

Also, CanYouSeeMe.org doesn't detect my port yet wich is quite strange since I never had any Issues with Plex.

Hi, Once you get this other issue solved you can setup Emby to work externally. 

Check out this knowledge base article with setup instructions:
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002137137-remote-setup

Edited by cayars
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play

Remote access would be a totally different issue then Emby being unable to communicate with external domains.  As you logs shows failed connections with three different domains.

Possible proxy, vpn, ipv6 issue.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watn3y
15 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, Once you get this other issue solved you can setup Emby to work externally. 

Check out this knowledge base article with setup instructions:
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002137137-remote-setup

I tried this already. No luck.

 

15 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Remote access would be a totally different issue then Emby being unable to communicate with external domains.  As you logs shows failed connections with three different domains.

Possible proxy, vpn, ipv6 issue.

My ISP uses a DS-Lite Tunnel for IPv4. Could that be an issue?

15 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Usually a firewall or other security software.

Tried it on Linux Mint on the same Machine. It works flawlessly. After doing a fresh Windows install it's broken again. I installed nothing that could prevent Emby from connecting

EDIT: It doesn't work over LAN but does when using USB Tethering (the same Network). Possibly drivers?

EDIT2:

Boot-->only connected over Ethernet-->Doesn't work

Boot-->connect to USB-Tethering-->disconnect USB-Tethering-->Connect Ethernet-->Works

 

WTF?

Edited by Watn3y
Discovered even newer shit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Watn3y said:

I tried this already. No luck.

OK put this off for now until you get your other networking issues resolved.

 

2 hours ago, Watn3y said:

My ISP uses a DS-Lite Tunnel for IPv4. Could that be an issue?

It sounds like you have a network issue on Windows keeping you from reaching IP4 addresses.

https://www.networkworld.com/article/2232181/understanding-dual-stack-lite.html

If you open a command prompt what happens if you run this?

ping 8.8.8.8

and also

tracert 8.8.8.8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watn3y
39 minutes ago, cayars said:

If you open a command prompt what happens if you run this?



ping 8.8.8.8

and also

tracert 8.8.8.8

Both the ping and trace go through flawlessly.

https://pastebin.com/raw/dD2Y3HCf

Edited by Watn3y
Added pastebin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watn3y

Okay. I just contacted my ISP and asked them about it. After an hour long conversation with Level 3 support it turns out that it was a Problem on their end. I can now use the Identify function properly. This leaves only the port forwarding as a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK glad you got that worked out.  Now onto remote.

When looking at the Web Dashboard do you have an IP6 address listed for remote?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watn3y
34 minutes ago, cayars said:

OK glad you got that worked out.  Now onto remote.

When looking at the Web Dashboard do you have an IP6 address listed for remote?

Yes. Already tried connecting. Didn't work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I was asking is if your Dashboard shows IP6 for remote.  If yes:

Did you setup port forwarding for this IP6 address. 

Did you try it from a device outside your network using IP6?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watn3y

I have set up port forwarding to both IPv6 and IPv4.

 

Capture.thumb.PNG.f3b24b0a52963e46fc39fa92414a79e0.PNG

 

But I noticed that Emby just stopped showing a IPv6 address for remote. Any Idea why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That would likely be a network issue but hard to say without diving deeper.

This might be easier with a remote session to look over a few things and talk this through.

Would this be something you would like to do?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Watn3y said:

Both the ping and trace go through flawlessly.

https://pastebin.com/raw/dD2Y3HCf

Then this would suggest you have something blocking the emby server process from sending these requests. Typical causes are firewall, security software, or VPN. You can also try disabling ipv6 in your router and see if that helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watn3y
6 hours ago, cayars said:

That would likely be a network issue but hard to say without diving deeper.

This might be easier with a remote session to look over a few things and talk this through.

Would this be something you would like to do?

Sure. I'm in Germany so we'll have to find a time that that works for both of us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Watn3y said:

Sure. I'm in Germany so we'll have to find a time that that works for both of us.

Send me a PM and we'll work it out.  I stay up late/get up early for you guys across the pond a couple of times a week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not being able to pull meta-data was because of split tunnelling in VPN (even when not running).

Not being able to access the server is another issue as this is DS-LITE with IP6 but remotely see's IP4.  With port forwarding setup for both IP4 & IP6 no external scanner see's the ports open

He is going to check with his ISP about port blocking or if anything special needs to be done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...