Reboot on Mi Box S [press Return or Stop of an file]

DayDreamer85

DayDreamer85

Hello all,

I have a Mi Box S (4) on my TV and installed the update to Android 9 before Christmas. Since then, every movie and every series is ended with a restart of the Mi Box S. (Not the music.) Means no matter whether we press the back button on the Mi Box remote or on the TV remote via CEC --> stop. It is robotet.

Meanwhile, I have installed the beta version of Android TV.  Both versions do not work for me right now. Current so:

1.8.63g Android TV

4.6.0.10 on a DS918+

On the Mi Box I have reinstalled the APK, tested various files. Reset settings. Nothing helps.

Does anyone have any ideas ? Read the post about scaling under Mi Box S. [LINK] Is it something to do with that? Do I need to downgrade the Mi Box S or is there any help possible from the emby Team?

Thanks in advance.

Hi.  If the whole box is rebooting this must be a very low-level error.  Was this update you installed a beta or pre-release?

DayDreamer85

I think it was the "Xiaomi Mi Box S/4K Stable Android 9 Pie System Update With Build 3139 Featuring Critical Bug Fixes". But one of this bug fixes kills the Box and make a complete reboot whrn we Stop the series or movie. So I don't know what I can do.

20 minutes ago, DayDreamer85 said:

I think it was the "Xiaomi Mi Box S/4K Stable Android 9 Pie System Update With Build 3139 Featuring Critical Bug Fixes".

My MiBox is also on 3139 and no such issues so far.

Latest ATV beta + .8 server beta

• Thanks 1

DayDreamer85

I will install a new Emby server installation on my intel nuc to test it from the server side.

Everything is fine on the Mi Box S, but I'm not sure if the uptade broke something there.