How do I play Split Video Files on AppleTV?

ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan

Does the AppleTV emby support split video files? I can’t figure out how to make it work.

I’ve got movies split into two parts. They’re named according to the guide (specifically MovieName (YYYY)-disc1.mkv and MovieName (YYYY)-disc2.mkv)
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming

In the web browser view it works ok. The first “disc” plays from the main interface. The second “disc” is listed below and can be played manually.

In the AppleTV app, it plays only the first disc. There’s no listing or ability to play the second disc, as far as I can find. 

Is this a known missing feature in AppleTV Emby? Or am I doing something wrong?

If I need to, I can merge the discs into a single file to make it work as single movie. It’s just more work  

Thanks!

Edited by ShoutingMan

Hi, yes this needs to be added to the app. We will get there, although for the best experience possible I would suggest joining the files.

• 2 months later...
them8os235
On 12/25/2020 at 9:26 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes this needs to be added to the app. We will get there, although for the best experience possible I would suggest joining the files.

Hi.  Instead of starting a new thread, I hope it's okay I use this one...

New to Emby after finding Plex does not meet my expectations.  I'll add.  The "additional parts" is also missing in the Android Fire TV App too. Before finding this post and learning it's simply not there, I've been frustrated the last two days trying to get it to work thru re-naming things.  :( Frustrating!   

There is an indicator of add'l parts which is a "next" {right arrow) icon once the first part is playing.  Which is something at least, and I'll go by when I need a reminder there is a 2nd part [usually a 2nd DVD] to watch.   

I'd also like to add...  The Chapter index of "-DVD2" or higher are blank placeholders.  Hoping addition of that is on the roadmap too. 

Much thanx for this fine piece of work otherwise!  I'm far and away happy with paying for it now, once I went thru several iterations of reorganizing and renaming dozens of mkv container files.  (lol)

Edited by them8os235

1 minute ago, them8os235 said:

Hi.  Instead of starting a new thread, I hope it's okay I use this one...

New to Emby after finding Plex does not meet my expectations.  I'll add.  The "additional parts" is also missing in the Android Fire TV App too. Before finding this post and learning it's simply not there, I've been frustrated the last two days day trying to get it to work thru re-naming things.  :( Frustrating!   

There is an indicator which is a "next" {right arrow) icon once the first part is playing.  Which is good, and I'll go by when I need a reminder there is a 2nd part [usually a 2nd DVD] to watch.

I'd also like to add...  The Chapter index of "-DVD2" or higher are blank placeholders.  Hoping addition of that is on the roadmap too. 

Much thanx for this fine piece of work otherwise!  I'm far and away happy with paying for it now, once I went thru several iterations of reorganizing and renaming dozens of mkv container files.  (lol)

Hi, welcome and thanks for the feedback. Yes we certainly want to get our support for split files fully up to speed. It's just something that keeps getting pushed out due to the small audience that it has, but we will get there. Even when we do though, we still suggest joining the files for the best possible experience.