Holiday theme... but no suggestions?

C.S.
Go to solution Solved by vdatanet,

SpaceCowboy1968

Howdy all,

i activatedthe holiday theme the first time and get no suggestions. I read about the solution mentioned here, but for me it doesn't work. I use Emby on a 2019 NVidia Shield with Android 9 (no newer OS available) and Windows Server (with Emby service of course). The media meta data has been scraped with tinyMM v3 with NFO format Kodi (which i used before). There are a few media tagged with "christmas" and/or "holiday", all lower case. The Halloween Theme worked correctly.

I added an nfo file.

It's no problem for me but this here is not my solution.

Happy holidays all!

And do Santa a favor, don't close your chimney when converting to heat pump 😄 

Bad Santa Extended Edition.nfo

Bad Santa Lib Entry.png

Edited by SpaceCowboy1968

Hi.  If you enable the theme manually, it does not show suggestions.  It will only show those right around the 25th.

FrostByte
1 hour ago, C.S. said:

And that's a bummer because a lot of us like to watch holiday movies all month.

Agree, whether it starts manually or automatically, it would be nice to see the suggestions once the theme is active.

• Agree 3

Spaceboy

this feedback has been given and ignored ad infinitum. you'd be better finding your nearest wall and applying your head to it liberally

Guess we are all here for the same reason! My emby is set to show holiday themes auto magically and the Christmas one kicked in today. But no actual suggestions. If I hit search and ask for Christmas then I get a bunch of episodes with Christmas in the title..

Would seem logical that if there are no suggestions then just hide the prompt.. it worked ok at Halloween but I guess I don't have any movies tagged with holiday..I don't mind the red theme and even the jingle sound but a popup about recommendations should have some recommendations, or not be there 😅

At least I can uncheck the theme suggestions box

Edited by markpud
  • Agree 1

vdatanet

I have selected the theme manually and the Christmas suggestions appear. Show suggestions must be enabled and the genre must contain Holiday, at least it works for me. I don't use tags.

Almighty

+1 to wanting to see suggestions all of December as my family traditionally watches Christmas movies all throughout the month.  It'd be nice to have a way to configure the holidays.

I have lots of movies with christmas/holiday tags, populated from my NFO files, but nothing is appearing right now, even after enabling all the options in Display Settings.

Server 4.8.0.63, Android TV 2.0.99g

Edited by Almighty

Almighty
7 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The search is done on genre, not tag.

Holiday isn't a genre... According to IMDb, the movie db, etc. Tags would make this feature way better... 

• 2 weeks later...
Killface69
On 12/23/2023 at 5:41 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  The search is done on genre, not tag.

I suggest a change for future holidays, as 'christmas/holiday' can be found within my tags scraped from TMDB or IMDB, but none of those sites has "Holidays" or "Christmas" as genre, it's solely used as tag.

No one is adding manually "Christmas" as genre, thus the question : "Is it a bug or a feature?"

• Agree 1