AudioDB Artist Image - Update Time?

DarrenClimie-Newman

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi - I've a number a missing Artist images in my music library, did I decided to look at adding then in via the AudioDB.

I've added an artist that was missing from the database, then added the artist ID in the metadata field of the artist in Emby.

I've refreshed the library and the artist image isn't pulling through.

Is there a delay when adding a new artist to the Audio DB, and then Emby being able to add it ?

Try using the image editor to download an image manually. If that comes up blank then i"m not sure. Perhaps their api has a delay.

DarrenClimie-Newman

You mean below? If so, Yes I have. I've tried Identify, refresh metadata, nothing seems to work.

I would assume it's a straight forward API, and like most other databases, it should be almost instant when the DB has been updated.

Screenshot_20201221-143002_Emby.jpg

DarrenClimie-Newman

Even when you try identify, and just put in the AudioDB ID numbers, which directly links to the right artist, it returns a blank response.

DarrenClimie-Newman

MusicBrainz doesn't provide Artist images, hence why I need to pull from AudioDB.

I'm out at the moment, I'll get home and share the server logs.

ginjaninja

in my experience there is a long delay for audiodb to start serving new images [to emby]. Assuming the image has been added onto audiodb with the musicbrainz  id and your artist has that mbz id in emby (which from your screenshots looks like that is the case) then you will get the image served eventually but it can take longer than 48hrs in my experience.

• Like 1

ginjaninja
1 minute ago, ginjaninja said:

in my experience there is a long delay for audiodb to start serving new images [to emby]. Assuming the image has been added onto audiodb with the musicbrainz  id and your artist has that mbz id in emby (which from your screenshots looks like that is the case) then you will get the image served eventually but it can take longer than 48hrs in my experience.

edit, i am being served the image now so its all good, just a delay

image.thumb.png.ea62079d214a3eb150887fb4f825652a.png

DarrenClimie-Newman
34 minutes ago, ginjaninja said:

edit, i am being served the image now so its all good, just a delay

image.thumb.png.ea62079d214a3eb150887fb4f825652a.png

I'm getting nothing returned?!

DarrenClimie-Newman

Interestingly I've just added another artist to the AudioDB, and Emby picked it up almost immediately....?!

ginjaninja
27 minutes ago, DarrenClimie-Newman said:

I'm getting nothing returned?!

interesting, this may be the wrong rabbit hole, but perhaps emby respects its cache for longer than you may want after an empty lookup. you could check out \Emby-Server\programdata\cache\audiodb-artist...move out the way the old folder (by mbzid)..., and try image fetch again....(maybe restart server if necessary)

DarrenClimie-Newman
25 minutes ago, ginjaninja said:

interesting, this may be the wrong rabbit hole, but perhaps emby respects its cache for longer than you may want after an empty lookup. you could check out \Emby-Server\programdata\cache\audiodb-artist...move out the way the old folder (by mbzid)..., and try image fetch again....(maybe restart server if necessary)

Thanks @ginjaninja, you found it. I deleted the MZB ID folder in Emby Program data, rebooted server and searched it, it's found it straight away!

Cheers!

ginjaninja
9 minutes ago, DarrenClimie-Newman said:

Thanks @ginjaninja, you found it. I deleted the MZB ID folder in Emby Program data, rebooted server and searched it, it's found it straight away!

Cheers!

could of been a lucky coincidence but...

@luke do you think there is a case for manual image fetching on an individual object to ignore the cache?

DarrenClimie-Newman

I tried deleting another MZB ID folder, and searched but it didn't find the artist, so it could be coincidence. I'll try again tomorrow when I have some more time. Appreciate your help guys.

Having the ability to manually import from AudioDB or Artist images would be very useful! I have 100's of blank Artist images to fill!! 😔

ginjaninja
28 minutes ago, DarrenClimie-Newman said:

I tried deleting another MZB ID folder, and searched but it didn't find the artist, so it could be coincidence. I'll try again tomorrow when I have some more time. Appreciate your help guys.

Having the ability to manually import from AudioDB or Artist images would be very useful! I have 100's of blank Artist images to fill!! 😔

i still think there is a long delay for audiodb to serve images on recent updates to audiodb...

if you provide the mbzid i will check if i can see it if you like...