Cover Art: Update media Info for HDR and Dolby Vision Overlays?

Harblar

supermood

no kidding! 😁 

I know that. but if all episodes are dv or let's say 90%? the season / show is dv, same with hdr, atmos dts x are missing anyway... 

I'm not browsing episodes... 

the movie theater app from zidoo (the one I don't like for other reasons...) has that info on TV show cover 

rbjtech
2 hours ago, supermood said:

no kidding! 😁 

I know that. but if all episodes are dv or let's say 90%? the season / show is dv, same with hdr, atmos dts x are missing anyway... 

I'm not browsing episodes... 

the movie theater app from zidoo (the one I don't like for other reasons...) has that info on TV show cover 

Yep agree 100% - but I've had this debate with emby before.

For some reason they have a view that just because the TV episodes show can have multiple video/audio attributes (which of course is perfectly true) then there cannot be a flag on the TV Show that says if it's UHD, Atmos etc.

Personally I think this is wrong - as the majority of peoples episodes are going to be in the format that you have chosen - ie why would I have one episode in SD and another in 4K - likewise, why would I have one as DTS, the other as Dolby Atmos ?

I've taken the liberty in one of my Plugins to just automatically add to the 'Tag Line' in the Show details to expand on what the show (all episodes) are presented in.  It takes it from the Season 1 Episode 1 episode.

In this example - 'Show Presented in UHD with Dolby Digital+ 5.1 Atmos Audio'

Having some nice 'UHD', 'Dolby Vision' and 'Dolby Atmos' Icons after the ... below would of course be much better (I can't stand icons on the poster art..) - but despite an initial enquiry by @Luketo look at this - it hasn't materalised .. yet..

I would personally love to see this.

ps - this is also true for Audio/Music - if you have an Album - it's generally all one type - FLAC OR AAC, you would not generally mix the types for each track.

image.png.940bc857072eda243887102bf0443c34.png

Edited by rbjtech

supermood

the music title example is also very good! haha.

it's not making sense like this! 

nice Plugin! what's the name? I'm also not the biggest fan of the current overly icons that's the reason I tried own but not working. for me - in the moment - the cover design is not so important as the info about quality..