4.5.2.0 unable to run

kiran.das

kiran.das

hi, i did a manual install from the web to v4.5.2.0 and now the server is not able to run, it shows up as Stopped. I was reading the forum and some feedback is the the webpage is accessible even though it shows up as not running however my webpage is still not accessible... error shows IP refused to connect.

can someone help pls? where is the location of the logs?

FrostByte
28 minutes ago, kiran.das said:

where is the location of the logs?

Default location for logs can be found here

/volume1/Emby/logs

kiran.das

sorry, should have mentioned that in my first post. :)

i have the DS1515.
i have tried versions "emby-server-synology_4.5.2.0_armv7" and "emby-server-synology_4.6.0.5_armv7", both with the same results as above.

Happy2Play

@FrostByte do you know if there is a package that works on Alpine cpu?  The see the other guys chart shows armv7 but that is the only play I see it.

Annapurna Labs Alpine AL-314 Quad Core 1.4GHz

Edited by Happy2Play

kiran.das

@Happy2Playjust FYI, version 4.4.3.0 (online version had a .1 i think) worked. in the past 3 or 4 days, i had to manually start Emby Server, something i did not have to do in the past as it worked perfectly. i thought i might as well update to the latest version (manual install method) but am having this reported issue. i have tried reinstalling v4.4.3.0 but even this now does not work.

kiran.das

Quick update about my findings so far.

I used the Legacy Devices (DSM5) and was able to run Emby Server. Version 4.4.3.0-1 is installed.

I ran a "ps-ef | grep Emby" and noticed mono was mentioned in the path (/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/mono/bin/mono) so I tried the mono versions of "emby-server-synology-mono_4.6.0.6_armv7_legacy" and "emby-server-synology-mono_4.6.0.6_armv5" both failing with error "This package is not supported on the platform of DiskStation or is incompatible with the current DSM version".

I am on DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 2.

FrostByte
13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

@FrostByte do you know if there is a package that works on Alpine cpu?  The see the other guys chart shows armv7 but that is the only play I see it.

Annapurna Labs Alpine AL-314 Quad Core 1.4GHz

It's an ARM architecture cpu.  I thought it was v5, but can't find anything to prove that.

alucryd

@kiran.das Could you give the mono package another try? I added the alpine families to its list of supported architectures: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.0.6/emby-server-synology-mono_4.6.0.6_armv7_legacy.spk

Sadly all alpine CPUs seem to have issues with the dotnet runtime, so this is not just a Qnap thing after all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
kiran.das

@Luke @alucryd hi both. just a quick update for 4.6.0.6 on my Synology DS1515.

4K HDR playback stops and plays, stops and plays. it does not occur on all 4K HDR mkv files.

i have tried to narrow it down by bitrate but it is not consistent.

• 2+mb bitrate movie - no issue
  • 1+mb bitrate movie - issue
  • lower the playback bandwidth - issue
  • increase the playback bandwidth - issue
  • playback another 1+mb bitrate movie - no issue

i have downgraded to 4.4.3.0 and there is no issue at all. even tried using the same files as above, no issue.

just for comparison purposes, i installed and set up Plex and it has no issue at all, even with the same files as above.

Edited by kiran.das