PlayOn Plugin - The Media Player you are using is not supported by PlayOn

scottie

snazy2000

I'm really stumped why it's doing this I may email playon see what they say

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bored_n_2003

im going to completely redo my server pc over again with a fresh install of everything to see if that fixes the problem if that dont work I dont know what else to do lol  oh and ive had playon installed for yrs do you think that has anything to do with it just wondering it seems the people it works for just installed playon for the first time it has to be some kind of an old setting or something 

scottie

I've had PlayOn installed for over 12 months, so I guess it could be part of the cause.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of being about to spend hours rebuilding my Media Center PC tho. I might try uninstalling PlayOn and reinstalling if I get time.

Can any of you who have this working let me know what Codec's you are running? I have Shark007 installed and Media Browser Classic is playing movies on my PC, but when trying to use the Playon Plugin and the Netflix Tab, I can see the movies but they wont Play. I just want to try Codecs that are known to work. Thanks

snazy2000

How odd !!! Must be a bug in playon system some were!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by snazy2000

bored_n_2003

it seems its only people who had playon for some time before the plugin is the ones thats having the problem but everything is working like it should now after i re-installed everything lol

scottie

That's good news. I'll have to put some time aside to uninstall PlayOn and reinstall it again. Hopefully the uninstall/reinstall process will clean up enough to fix the PlayOn bug.

I'll let you know when/if I get the chance to try it.

• Like 1

scottie

Simple Uninstall/Reinstall of PlayOn did not help for me.

But PlayOn uninstall clearly doesn't clean up much because my licence key and channel user names and passwords were all there when I reinstalled.

Might try again and try manually deleting C:\ProgramData\MediaMall and whatever else I can find.

• Like 2

scottie

Quick question, does everyone that has it working have "Enable HD Capability" enabled in PlayOn - it involves a separate/different registration process.

I don't think it existed as an option when I first purchased PlayOn and I don't have it enabled. Just wondering if that might be the difference between those that work and those that don't?

bored_n_2003

at scottie. i should had tryied checking that before re-installing windows but it works now with HD enabled 

greenvalor7

This has been driving me nuts, so I sat down and spent about 2 hours on it.  I will list every change I made if need be but ultimately it started working after I uninstalled TubeCore and rebooted.  Thank you snazy2000 for the sweet plugin!

• Like 2

bored_n_2003

i had tubecore before i re-installed windows and did not put it back on the machine so maybe its tubecore thats causing the problem 

scottie

Looks like Tubecore is the culprit.

I just uninstalled Tubecore, restarted the PlayOn server, restarted MediaBrowser server and I can now play video using the PlayOn Channel.

The "The Media Player you are using is not supported by PlayOn" message is no longer there.

So if you're having this problem, uninstall Tubecore.

• Like 1