Jump to content

Accidentally changed the server port and now I get a "refused to connect" message for UI


cfam01
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was having issues with the remote server. It wasn't syncing with embyconnect for my roku for my parents house so I changed the server ports to test something out. Now it won't connect to the UI. Is there a way that I can set it back or reset my Emby Settings?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait for the Roku app to time out and unable to connect. Once it does that scroll to the very bottom of the list and find "Reset Settings" and choose this. Then press the home button on the Roku remote. When you restart the Roku app it will be brand new as if just installed.

Edited by speechles
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2020 at 7:25 PM, Luke said:

HI, which port option did you change?

I changed 8096 > 8000. Which I realized is the port for my NAS.

If it helps, my NAS is an ASUSTOR AS5004T

Edited by cfam01
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2020 at 7:42 AM, speechles said:

Wait for the Roku app to time out and unable to connect. Once it does that scroll to the very bottom of the list and find "Reset Settings" and choose this. Then press the home button on the Roku remote. When you restart the Roku app it will be brand new as if just installed.

I don't even get that. I get a blank page that says "This site can’t be reached [ myservername ] refused to connect."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are talking about the server UI I believe if so log in to your NAS and on your Asustor dashboard you should see the Emby Icon then click on it or look for  it in the App store and can log in to it there as well by clicking open on the Icon then  log in to your server there you should be able to get into your Emby server that way then of course through the Emby dashboard be able to change it back to the original port. If it wont connect you may have to uninstall then reinstall Emby server through the App store it should pick up the port that way your settings should all be perserved as long as you don't delete the folders containing everything . HTH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last resort would be with Emby shutdown find the system.xml in your programdata\config folder location will be relevant to platform installed on and change the port.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Happy2Play i wasn't aware could do that too so I learned a new way to fix that as well  will add to my ever increasing bag of tricks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2020 at 5:24 PM, Happy2Play said:

Last resort would be with Emby shutdown find the system.xml in your programdata\config folder location will be relevant to platform installed on and change the port.

Sorry to ask but, I'm not sure where to look for that file. Is that on the NAS itself or within my computer's HD?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2020 at 5:14 PM, wangbo said:

You are talking about the server UI I believe if so log in to your NAS and on your Asustor dashboard you should see the Emby Icon then click on it or look for  it in the App store and can log in to it there as well by clicking open on the Icon then  log in to your server there you should be able to get into your Emby server that way then of course through the Emby dashboard be able to change it back to the original port. If it wont connect you may have to uninstall then reinstall Emby server through the App store it should pick up the port that way your settings should all be perserved as long as you don't delete the folders containing everything . HTH

When I click on it, it spins for a while and then goes "this site can't be reached <servername> refused to connect" I've removed the server and re-downloaded it and it still has the same error. I just got a new router from ATT, is the Arris gateway model BGW210-700. Is there a setting that maybe I'm missing to allow access to that IP maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cfam01 said:

Sorry to ask but, I'm not sure where to look for that file. Is that on the NAS itself or within my computer's HD?

Where you have Emby installed, so the NAS.

Should be something like this.

	Data path: /home/emby

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Although your using the local network you might check and see if both the routers have the port forwarding settings set identically to allow Emby access if one does but the other one doesn't it might be causing a conflict between the firewalls thereby blocking access. Sorry took so long to reply but was down sick with the Flu luckily was not Covid. AT my age the flu can be really fun emphasis on really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is one other possibility that I just thought of check and make sure your using the correct passwords because it is saying server refused to connect indicates to me it is trying to connect but either user or password might be off by a letter or the capitalization etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unplug your nas reboot the modem/router letting emby use port 8000 after it boots back up, login change it back to 8096 then plug nas back in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...