CoverArt Plugin and MediaStream Audio Titles

roaku

I've got a bit of a long shot feature request, but I wanted to at least put it out there.

The audio tracks for movies in my movie library all have consistent curated titles (Original, Primary, Fallback, Commentary #, Score).

I'd like to be able to tell from the main grid view when a movie contains an [O]riginal audio track from the disc, at least one [C]ommentary, and/or an isolated [S]core by leveraging the CoverArt plugin.

In terms of a generalized feature request, I envision an 'advanced' option under Indicators - Media Info where the user can add N rows and for each row, they select a MediaStream property (Title, BitRate, SampleRate, etc) and provide a list of relevant values for a 'contains condition', which CoverArt can then use to test the audio streams and (on at least 1 match) generate a predictable filename string the user can match a custom image to.

For example:

• The user sets up a row that says a 'Title' property of one of the audio streams should contain the string 'commentary'.
  • When that condition evaluates to true, Cover Art checks for a custom image file with the name 'audio_commentary.png' and uses that for an Indicator icon. Values with special characters could be sanitized/encoded as needed.
  • If no custom image exists for a particular value, then the first letter is used to generate a generic icon for that overlay.

This 'advanced' option could be extended beyond Media Info to other sections. That's just the section I'm personally interested in.

And just to raise the stakes, I would definitely become a lifetime mega premiere permanent donor class member for this feature.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've got a rough draft working for this.

Now to start on configurability. 🤠

technically-working.thumb.png.4d301fbb1757a2f2111fbb1a07330649.png

• 5 weeks later...

Progress report for anyone interested...

I've now got 'Iconic' running on my main library and most behaviors are configurable.

iconic-browse.png.1bd4d9015f67324450550a7f0321d649.png

Users can select icons (I just need to build a cool selector) from Google's Material Design icon set and apply them to their movies (other types soon) based on a Rules system.

Other things that need to happen here are adding more than one Property through the UI (the back end already supports it), making the options more user friendly and validated.

I'm also going to add a Tag based rule type so users can generate badges from whatever they're doing with Tags.

iconic-add-rule.png.71cb4abcb3060fc1d038885388cb6221.png

The 'badge' containing the icon is also configurable with a nifty svg based live preview.

I'm going to add more shape options and a preview of the badge in the context of an item image.

I'm probably also going to convert Badge Size to be a small/medium/large type set up.

I also want to add options for positioning of the icons beyond their relative spacing to each other (left/right align, top/bottom positioning).

iconic-config.png.6ab2ba5d96631a44e2756ac82af12597.png

Still a bit to do, but I think this opens up a lot of possibilities for users to surface details about their library in ways that make sense to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A beta is up for the Iconic Image Enhancement plugin for anyone who'd like to try it out:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, that escalated quickly...

Iconic is officially available through the Emby catalog under the 'General' category.

If you're looking for something like my initial feature request, Iconic will do that and more.

And Iconic is fully compatible with CoverArt.