scrolling annoyances

mypanasonic

mypanasonic

since the new update

Scrolling down on epg guide(Live tv) or movies (collection) and it randomly jumps back to the start of the list.

I cant even scroll quarter the way past the A section of A-Z. It simply jumps back to [A. 1] at random.

EPG also restarts at 1 when you tune out of channel which is a ball ache having to scroll back down to channel 500+ !

Edited by mypanasonic

• 1 year later...
CrazyOnes

Imagine my disappointment as a new Emby Premiere customer (who subscribed specifically and exclusively for the Live TV feature) to see that, in 2022, the Live TV guide on Apple TV is still horrible. This is the most useless $5 I've ever spent.

• Like 1

unisoft
On 06/03/2022 at 21:18, Luke said:

Hi, apologies we are currently looking into this. Thanks.

Its been like this for at least 2 years now. Apple TV 4K (1st Gen). Its if you scroll with any speed other than slow when you have a few pages of stuff in your library.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
RastaMan
On 11/16/2020 at 8:53 AM, mypanasonic said:

since the new update

Scrolling down on epg guide(Live tv) or movies (collection) and it randomly jumps back to the start of the list.

I cant even scroll quarter the way past the A section of A-Z. It simply jumps back to [A. 1] at random.

EPG also restarts at 1 when you tune out of channel which is a ball ache having to scroll back down to channel 500+ !

I have the EXACT same issue, and its been doing it a very long time now.  I scroll through half of my library, then for no reason it jumps all the way to the top of the list.  Happens no matter if I am under genre, or my entire movie list.  It's gotten so annoying that I have been considering trying out Plex to see if I can access my entire library without the app glitching and returning to the top. 

Server: Synology DS220+ running DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 3 / Latest Beta Version of Emby Server / Transport over Cat6 Gigabit network

Client: Apple TV model: A1842 (64gb) -  tvOS 15.4 / Emby Store App

Edited by RastaMan
added server and client information
  • Agree 1

RobbyBobby

I like Emby, I really really do, but Emby don't love or really embrace Apple, and see it as a very very low priority.

There are many ... foibles ... on both the Apple TV and Mac that should have been fixed years ago. As an observer and user, it *feels* like Emby tweak a line of code, then they have to wait a week or so to test it because they don't have easy access to Apple kit. If it doesn't work as expected, they modify that line of code. A week or few later, they test again. Repeat. Repeat. Development on Apple is glacial as a result.

Would I recommend Emby to Apple users? Yes, it's *overall* a great ecosystem, the devs are responsive and this forum helpful (but every fix is on an endless todo list), so best to be prepared to be treated as an afterthought.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...