FlexRaid and MediaBrowser

buddyweiser

buddyweiser

So, I recently installed 3 WD red drives in my MB Server system. I also installed FlexRaid(F) to manage the drives. Everything in my MBS then showed as Offline. That's fine, MBS was pointing at a previous location that no longer exists. So I added the new location for each libraries and deleted the old locations. However, now that I have done that, the initial library scan will not complete. It hung at 48% initially, and so I restarted the server(after waiting over an hour for the scan to complete), and now it has hung at 31%. I made sure to share the new flexraid disk so that's not the problem. I'm completely stuck. Does anyone know what is going on here?

• Like 1

buddyweiser

So I came back to my PC after doing some chores for a couple hours and the library scan is up to 74%, so it's not hung up, just moving extremely slow! I checked and ffmpeg has my cpu working pretty hard, any idea why this would be?

image extraction, and/or chapter image extraction. if you have those things enabled.

buddyweiser

image extraction, and/or chapter image extraction. if you have those things enabled.

Would they not carry over from the old setup I had? I didn't change any actual media, only re-directed to their new location.

buddyweiser

only if the locations are identical because that's how they're identified

I see.

Update- the initial scan finally completed, however it shows most of my media as "Offline" in MBS(but not all of it? some shows show up, but not others...). I'm hoping the log can shed some light on this? Would you or someone else mind taking a look to hopefully point me in the right direction to a fix?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5sef78xmatda23/server-63541989662.txt

probably something to do with all of the paths at the beginning of the log that the server is unable to access. so i would start by getting that resolved.

buddyweiser

probably something to do with all of the paths at the beginning of the log that the server is unable to access. so i would start by getting that resolved.

I'm not 100% sure how to read the log files, but i looked for an error and think I found what you're talking about(App: Error resolving path \\JESSE-PC\Media Server\Music The network name cannot be found.). But if I paste \\JESSE-PC\Media Server\Music into the address bar in firefox, all of my music artists are listed.

well i don't know. all i can tell you is at the time displayed in the log file, we asked your operating system for information about that path and it threw an error at us.

buddyweiser

well i don't know. all i can tell you is at the time displayed in the log file, we asked your operating system for information about that path and it threw an error at us.

Well thanks for looking into the log for me Luke, it was worth a shot.

So has anyone that uses flexraid seen an issue like this?

I use FR without problems.

I think the issue here may be the process of basically ripping all the known media out from under the server and re-locating it.  In theory, that shouldn't have been a problem but it is suspicious to me.

So, I'd try starting with a clean install pointing to your new locations.

buddyweiser

I use FR without problems.

I think the issue here may be the process of basically ripping all the known media out from under the server and re-locating it.  In theory, that shouldn't have been a problem but it is suspicious to me.

So, I'd try starting with a clean install pointing to your new locations.

a clean install, meaning all of my watched states will reset?

buddyweiser

Try deleting the server cache folder first. Then let it re-build.

Unfortunately, I already did a complete server uninstall of all traces. However this does appear to have solved the issue I was experiencing. Thanks for helping me resolve this ebr.

Sent using my Optimus L90