HDHomeRun Live TV Channel Not Working

zubalea
Go to solution Solved by zubalea,

There was an update to the OTA channels in the last few months.  Since then, some of the OTA channels are not working.  

I upgraded my 2 HDHR3 HDHomerun to the latest firmware.

I rescan all 4 tuners. 

Using Emby, 4 of the 14 channels are not working.   They all work fine if I use the HDHomeRun Player directly.

I have removed and re-installed the HDHomeRun Devices in Emby.    I have also restarted Emby.

It appears like Emby is going to the old channel number.  For example:   CTV used to be on channel 13.1, now it's on channel 16.

Is there a config that I need to update?   Or is there a procedure on Emby that can rescan the channels? 

Thank you

Z

• Solution

Solved:

Sharing in case someone else has the same issue.

I ran initial scan using Linux hdhomerun_config.   Appears that didn't work, not sure why.   My emby server is Linux.

Only software I was able to load on windows was the App.   The setup software for windows listed on the Silicondust website doesn't download.  Only the Windows App will install.

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=20613

However I did notice the word beta on the link to the windows hdhomerun.    So I copied the link and remove the beta part.   The software downloaded.  Lucky Guess!!!

I did another scan with the Windows Version of the software.   Emby is now working 100%