Using Emby with xTeVe buffers - no more buffers available error

moshmont
Go to solution Solved by moshmont,

moshmont

I know I asked before and was told that you don't generally recommend setting a buffer in xTeVe since Emby does the buffering.  But I have found that setting the buffer in xTeVe eliminates any buffering or dropping of the stream, things work quite well.  But if more than one stream is being watched at a time, I get the "xTeVe no more streams available" error.  I have the Number of Tuners set to 5 in xTeve with a 2GB buffer.  In Emby, I had the "Simultaneous stream limit" set to 0 for unlimited and then I tried setting that to 5, but I still get the same error with either setting. Can someone tell me what I am not doing correctly?  I know I can watch several streams at a time because I've had several playing at once when I wasn't using buffers and with multiscreen in Tivimate.

Thanks!

moshmont

No, it happens when only 1 stream is in use.  Watching one show on the fire stick and then try to bring up another in the web app on the server. 

• Solution
moshmont

I did finally figure this out.  While xTeVe has a "Number of Tuners" option in the settings, it has the same thing in the Playlist definition.  Apparently that is the one that matters.  I set that to 5 and Emby's "Simultaneous Stream Limit" back to 0, for unlimited, and everything works as expected.  🙂

Edited by moshmont
  • Like 1

Funny, I was going to mention that but figured it was obvious. My bad. :(

Glad you got it figured out!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
nlester77
On 10/22/2020 at 3:49 PM, moshmont said:

I did finally figure this out.  While xTeVe has a "Number of Tuners" option in the settings, it has the same thing in the Playlist definition.  Apparently that is the one that matters.  I set that to 5 and Emby's "Simultaneous Stream Limit" back to 0, for unlimited, and everything works as expected.  🙂

moshmont - out of curiosity, what settings did  you use for buffering in xTeVe?