Remote Playback of home videos

Mcgobs

I've been running emby for a few years now(Locally and remotely), and to be honest...never had much of an issue.  Recently(2 yrs ago'ish) I got into flying drones.  Making videos...putting them on emby for the friends to see.  But I cant seen to get them to play remotley(Roku TV, and Roku stick).  They start to load...and then emby crashes to roku home screen.

Here's where it gets weird.  On my Emby server, there is a 10 yr old video of my sisters dancing to the Wii in my living room.   If I play that video first(which seems to play fine everywhere) the drone videos will play.  But if I dont play that old mp4 first...they crash to roku home screen.

The drone videos seem to play fine on any device locally...its just remote viewing has an odd step I gotta do first.  

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Mcgobs said:

But if I dont play that old mp4 first...they crash to roku home screen.

Do those drone videos have an audio stream? I am guessing these are just a video stream without audio otherwise you just hear rotor whirr.

Can you try this with the Emby Beta for Roku and see if the problem still happens. You can have both the Store version and Beta version on your Roku homescreen at the same time. The word Beta will show on the icon so you can tell the two applications apart. The Beta has recent fixes that should correct this issue. Please let us know if the Beta solves this problem or does not. Thanks. ^_^

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, speechles said:

Do those drone videos have an audio stream? 

Can you try this with the Emby Beta for Roku and see if the problem still happens. You can have both the Store version and Beta version on your Roku homescreen at the same time. The word Beta will show on the icon so you can tell the two applications apart. The Beta has recent fixes that should correct this issue. Please let us know if the Beta solves this problem or does not. Thanks. ^_^

Correct...no audio.  Just a video stream.  Added the beta channel to a remote roku tv, and both the mp4 and mov file played immediately.  Will try the roku stick when I get a chance to get to it.  Thank you very much.  This has been bugging me for over a year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mcgobs said:

Correct...no audio.  Just a video stream.  Added the beta channel to a remote roku tv, and both the mp4 and mov file played immediately.  Will try the roku stick when I get a chance to get to it.  Thank you very much.  This has been bugging me for over a year.

Apologies this was happening to begin with. Thanks for helping make Emby become better. It is hard to test everything and not miss something. We need users to point out where we need to improve. Thanks again. We will do better in the future. :)

Edited by speechles

13 minutes ago, speechles said:

We need users to point out where we need to improve. Thanks again. We will do better in the future. :)

Don't sweat it.  I thought it was me all this time.  You guys are doing awesome.