[Social login] OAUTH google/facebook...

Hetimop

Salut, je cherche à créer des utilisateurs à partir de leurs comptes google, ou bien autoriser les connexions à partir d'un compte google.

Cette fonctionnalité est possible à mettre en place sur une page .html basique :

mini_201015092445603863.jpg

Et est même déjà intégré sur d'autres applications à travers un plugin additionnel.

Voici la page d'administration du plugin social login installé sur le serveur nextcloud :

mini_201015092827923563.jpg

Et le résultat pour les utilisateurs une fois configuré avec les différents api de google facebook etc... :

mini_201015092801180629.png

Edited by Hetimop

Hi, thank you for the tips about ldap plugin but it do not match with what I need.

My priority is to enable login with an social account like google.

I need login like that :

mini_201016032159661244.png mini_201016032200372823.png mini_201016032201168145.png

I have succeedded with my nextcloud server because they already add plugin to manage it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, That's not going to work with Emby.  Please remember Emby is designed for family/friend use, so you control the accounts locally and have control over permissions and what each user has access to.

LDAP is there for business customers to connect to their directories for easy login for PR/training video, etc that a business might use for those purposes.

Also keep in mind one way or another an account need be setup in Emby because it's not just web apps but clients that run on many different devices.

Why do you need oauth? What type of use will this be fore?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
BrianWard

Oauth/OIDC is a de facto standard today, allowing one to use identity providers from Google, Microsoft, Facebook, GitHub, the list goes on....  You even have Social logins to this wiki site using it.  Failing to provide this is a big miss.  I'm thinking about switching over to jellyfin where I can probably write the auth module for this myself....

I don't get it.  Why do you need such auth for a PERSONAL MEDIA server?
This isn't email, your banking, financial or health records but TV, movies and shows.

If you follow proper security guidelines the password you use for Emby is ONLY used for Emby.

Of course you can setup Emby to only work on LAN and not remotely if you like.  You could then setup OpenVPN server if you like and add Oath to that very easily for remote use and you have the level of authentication YOU PERSONALLY need.

The normal public doesn't need the hassle of 2 factor auth for accessing a media server where no personal information worth stealing resides.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi! I got here because I was just looking for the same thing. Let me tell you my reason for wanting this:
Most of the people I know struggle to remember their login credentials to most services but Gmail and Facebook are two services they usually can deal with.

So instead of setting up and administering their usernames and passwords I only would need to focus on greenlighting their already given usernames and what they should have access to.

I do recommend everyone to use a password manager but very few takes up on this advice and for some of them, their time left on this planet is sadly and probably very limited. After reaching a certain age it does seem harder to learn new ways. I wouldn't surprise if I myself will be "done" at one point or another 😅

Thanks!

Edited by _Seb_

Hetimop
On 4/1/2022 at 1:06 AM, _Seb_ said:

Hi! I got here because I was just looking for the same thing. Let me tell you my reason for wanting this:
Most of the people I know struggle to remember their login credentials to most services but Gmail and Facebook are two services they usually can deal with.

So instead of setting up and administering their usernames and passwords I only would need to focus on greenlighting their already given usernames and what they should have access to.

I do recommend everyone to use a password manager but very few takes up on this advice and for some of them, their time left on this planet is sadly and probably very limited. After reaching a certain age it does seem harder to learn new ways. I wouldn't surprise if I myself will be "done" at one point or another 😅

Thanks!

Same story for me, I gave up.

Edited by Hetimop

Not a resolution, but have you tried having them login with the "remember me" setting so they only need to log in once on that device?

• 1 year later...
odeuxcool
On 2/20/2021 at 5:06 PM, Carlo said:

I don't get it.  Why do you need such auth for a PERSONAL MEDIA server?
This isn't email, your banking, financial or health records but TV, movies and shows.

If you follow proper security guidelines the password you use for Emby is ONLY used for Emby.

Of course you can setup Emby to only work on LAN and not remotely if you like.  You could then setup OpenVPN server if you like and add Oath to that very easily for remote use and you have the level of authentication YOU PERSONALLY need.

The normal public doesn't need the hassle of 2 factor auth for accessing a media server where no personal information worth stealing resides.

I absolutely disagree with you. it is essential to integrate MFA authentication today for external connections! security does not only concern companies, but also individuals! I currently have 12 external user accounts on emby and this is my only security flaw. it is imperative that they can be secured, at least for the first connection with a device