Post-Processing - RaspberryPI

reneboulard

reneboulard

I am trying to make a Post-Processing script work on a rasperrypi4b.

The script work on my main server Ubuntu 20.4. x64

However it does not on the RaspberryPI4 running arm64 Ubuntu.

I can run the script manually on the command line as emby user.

I can run the script as a cronjob as emby user.

but when the post-processing is started from emby server it give the following erreur.

2020-10-11 06:36:01.050 Info LiveTV: Recording post-processing script completed with exit code 139

Any suggestions will help!

PenkethBoy

the 139 is coming from whatever interpreter you are using to execute the script - emby is just getting that returned its not an emby problem - use google to find what it means

i suspect emby is not running under emby user/or you have a typo or some version compatibility perhaps 

find out what 139 means and you can go from there.

reneboulard
1 hour ago, PenkethBoy said:

the 139 is coming from whatever interpreter you are using to execute the script - emby is just getting that returned its not an emby problem - use google to find what it means

i suspect emby is not running under emby user/or you have a typo or some version compatibility perhaps 

find out what 139 means and you can go from there.

Thank you for the quick answer,

error 139 means a signal for memory access violation, trying to read or write from/to a memory area that your process does not have access to.

Since the Post-Processing script run fine alone,  I do not think it is the script fault.

emby-serveur run under emby user.  The set up is standard.

I also have the same error when I try to run a Post-Processing script on a Armv7 setup on Raspian

I will investigate further, see what is the different between the x64 vs arm64 setup, since all in fine and the X64 system.

Q-Droid

Have you accounted for the ENV settings when the script runs from the Emby server vs. command line? Emby sets its own values. I don't know what RPi would have set but this is an example from CentOS. Any DRIVERS values and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are often key.

AMDGPU_IDS=/opt/emby-server/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids
EMBY_DATA=/var/lib/emby
FONTCONFIG_PATH=/opt/emby-server/etc/fonts
HOME=/var/lib/emby
HOSTTYPE=x86_64
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/emby-server/lib:/opt/emby-server/lib/samba
LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH=/opt/emby-server/lib/dri:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:/usr/lib64/dri:/usr/lib/dri:
SSL_CERT_FILE=/opt/emby-server/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

reneboulard
3 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

Have you accounted for the ENV settings when the script runs from the Emby server vs. command line? Emby sets its own values. I don't know what RPi would have set but this is an example from CentOS. Any DRIVERS values and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are often key.

AMDGPU_IDS=/opt/emby-server/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids
EMBY_DATA=/var/lib/emby
FONTCONFIG_PATH=/opt/emby-server/etc/fonts
HOME=/var/lib/emby
HOSTTYPE=x86_64
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/emby-server/lib:/opt/emby-server/lib/samba
LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH=/opt/emby-server/lib/dri:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:/usr/lib64/dri:/usr/lib/dri:
SSL_CERT_FILE=/opt/emby-server/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

Thank you for the suggestion.

I try a one line bash script as post-processing but I still get the same result - Emby report error 139.  I do not think the problem is the script or related to the ENV settings.

I am using the crontab for emby user as a work around, a task is started every 30 minutes and if it find a new .ts file, it check to make sure the recording is finished and if so start the postprocessing script on the file, it is not very elegant but it work.