unhandled exception, one or more errors occurred

Spaceboy
Go to solution Solved by CBers,

• Solution
CBers

Cheers. Hi @@ebr I went back to the stable version and still no go. Is there anything else I could try?

Have you removed all plugins you have installed and rebooted your PC?

If that fails I'd totally unininstall MB3, reboot, make sure there are no MB3 folders still hanging around and then reinstall and re-setup MBS.

Don't add any plugins until MBS has been running OK for a while, then add 1 at a time and let it run for a period of time.

Make sure your libraries are added via UNC and if the folders are not local to the MBS PC then make sure the MBS PC has full permissions to the folders etc.

If/when you get the errors again, post server log and list of plugins installed in the order they were added.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

Have you removed all plugins you have installed and rebooted your PC?

If that fails I'd totally unininstall MB3, reboot, make sure there are no MB3 folders still hanging around and then reinstall and re-setup MBS.

Don't add any plugins until MBS has been running OK for a while, then add 1 at a time and let it run for a period of time.

Make sure your libraries are added via UNC and if the folders are not local to the MBS PC then make sure the MBS PC has full permissions to the folders etc.

If/when you get the errors again, post server log and list of plugins installed in the order they were added.

cheers cbers but isn't it just going to be easier to trash it and start again? what will i lose?

i can try your suggestions, i just don't want to waste a couple of days messing with it and then still have to trash it and start again

sorry, part 2 is trashing it and starting again. cool. i will do that

Edited by Spaceboy

CBers

Not sure what else to suggest, unless you have some other software on the MBS PC that could be causing the problem.

What firewall/AV software do you use?

Spaceboy

no thats cool, just want to be sure. just on win 8 so all firewall and av is native.

Spaceboy

hi @@CBers finally got chance to get back to this. you're right it seems to be permissions on the nas. the mbs pc can see the media folders in windows explorer using the nas username and password but when i try to navigate to the unc folder in mbs to add it to the library it can't see anything lower than the nas itself, not even the volume on the nas.

i saw a post from another guy who was posting about using the windows service but was also having permission problems, he said he used the nas username and password as credentials for the windows service which worked. is this what i need to do as well? i'm keen to use the service over the tray app if possible as well.

i've also used the opportunity to destroy all my media center master metadata and this time i'm going to let MBS do it. saw another post saying MBS pulled down richer metadata so lets see what this does as well! i left all the folder and background pic's and theme music and everything else in place though.

Edited by Spaceboy

CBers

@@Spaceboy - is MBC running on the same PC as MBS ??

If so then there shouldn't be a problem.

If on separate PCs, then you need to make sure the MBC PC can see the same files as the MBS PC.

I started testing the MBS Windows Service when it was first released as an alpha, but as soon as there was an issue not being able to auto-update using it, I switched back to the normal method.

Spaceboy

ok i'll try and be as clear as possible! :o)

the server and live tv folder are on the htpc. all other media is on a separate nas. the htpc can see all media, it can play it back, it can edit and delete files, everything. but MBS cannot see the same folders on the nas. i don't see anywhere i can give MBS the permissions for the nas so i presumed it just inherits them from the htpc.

also, i have guest permissions all off on the nas.

i'll go back to using the tray app for now then

• Like 1

Spaceboy

hi, just wanted to close this off, its all working now, i wish i could offer some thought on what went wrong or how i fixed it but rebuilding the library from scratch got me back there in he end. thanks @@CBers !